Chapter 22: The Question

Tayla finds the rest of the Cameron family lounging in the living room. Ward turns his focus from Rose and Wheezie towards the dark-haired girl "What's Rafe doing?". 

Tayla looks back at where she came from and shrugs "He wanted to talk to my parents about something".

Sarah and Wheezie snicker, making Tayla turn towards them "What's so funny?". 

The blonde girl shakes her head, wiping her tears from the laughter "You're just so stupid". 

Rose furrows her brows "Sarah Cameron!".

"What?! He's obviously asking for their blessing" Sarah snaps back. Both Ward and Rose respond with wide eyes and silence. 

Tayla looks down, feeling a smile grow on her face "He mentioned stuff in the future but I didn't know he was really serious".

Ward clears his throat "Well we are more than happy to welcome you into the family". Tayla nods and smiles even though his tone seemed a bit overly polite.

Later that night...

The Madison couple said their goodbyes shortly after their conversation with Rafe. For the rest of the time spent with the Cameron family, Tayla couldn't keep her mind from wandering.

What did he say to them?

Did they give him their blessing?

Would he still propose if they said no?

Does he want me forever?

After everyone grew tired for the night, each person went to their own bedrooms. Tayla, on the other hand, pulled Rafe to her room. As she closes the door behind her, Rafe sits on the foot of her bed "I already know what you're going to ask".

Tayla sits beside him, placing her hand on top of his "And what's the answer?". 

He chuckles as he laces his hands with hers "Your parents approve of me after I told them how much I love you and care about you".

The wavy-haired girl practically jumps onto the boy, pecking him all over with kisses "You really want to marry me?". 

Rafe laughs, putting his hand on either side of Tayla's face "You're not supposed to know all this but of course I do" his thumbs rub against her cheeks.

Tears fall without warning against the girl's cheeks. Rafe's brows furrow in confusion "Why are you crying?". 

Tayla sighs "I just never thought I'd get so lucky". 

He shakes his head "Are you kidding? Just the thought of being with you forever makes me the luckiest man ever".

Tayla rolls her eyes playfully as he wipes her tears "That's a tad bit dramatic, Rafe". 

"I'm one hundred percent serious babe" he says sincerely. "I can just see you and me getting a nice house together, I'll have my own business and you'll do whatever you're passionate about, we'll get a dog and have kids-".

The girl cuts his boyfriend off "You really want those kids huh". 

Rafe nods like it shouldn't be a question "I want to be a better dad than Ward ever was, I want to support my kids through everything and protect them with my life". 

Tayla smiles, looking into Rafe's eyes "You're going to be an amazing dad so don't ever doubt yourself for a moment".

Rafe grins at the thought "And you're going to be an amazing mom, I can already tell based on how much you care for me when you don't have to".