Chapter 25: The Ring

♡ by Sarah_Cams, Rafe

♡ by Sarah_Cams, Rafe.Cameron, WheezieSneezie, LilahPatey, TopThornton, and others

Tay_Mads: Waking up this morning as an engaged woman is an indescribable feeling

Tagged: Rafe.Cameron

Comments:

WheezieSneezie: That much closer to becoming my sister-in-law for real

-Tay_Mads: Can't wait!

Rafe.Cameron: My love and my life❤️

Sarah_Cams: I kept a secret successfully😌

-Tay_Mads: I can't believe you knew and didn't tell me

-Rafe.Cameron: I would have actually killed her

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a few more nights at the cabin by themselves, Tayla and Rafe drove back to Tannyhill. Opening the front door, Wheezie practically crashed into the girl while giving her a hug. Tayla chuckles, playing with the shorter girl's hair "Hey Wheeze, I missed you too".

The younger girl has yet to let go when Sarah hears the commotion and comes down the stairs "Well hello lovebirds, let's see the ring". Tayla puts her left hand for both Cameron girls to see. The two sisters squeal, grabbing her hand.

Rafe stands in the same place, looking at the three girls "I'm here too, you know". Both sisters go to tightly hug their older brother, making him grin. 

They both let go of him as Wheezie speaks up "Where'd you get a rock like that?". 

"A magician never reveals his secrets" the kook boy quips, making his sisters roll their eyes.

Tayla goes to reach for some bags and stumbles a bit, Rafe notices immediately "You okay?" he grabs her waist to stabilize her better. 

She takes a deep breath "I'm fine, I just got dizzy for a second" Tayla moves his hand away and takes two bags.

He nervously pushes his dirty blonde hair back "Um maybe I should take those, I'll give you some water and you can la-". 

Tayla puts her hand up, making him stop with his concerned rambling "I'm not a piece of glass Rafe, I'm fine". The tan girl continues to move up the stairs with the bags, leaving Rafe and his sisters with their thoughts.

Rafe sighs, taking the rest of the bags "We'll be back down for dinner". Sarah and Wheezie smile and nod. As he enters his bedroom, Rafe sees the bathroom door open and Tayla near the bathroom sink. 

She looks at him through the mirror, sipping on a glass of water "I'm sorry if I was rude... I'm just really tired".

He shakes his head, smiling slightly "Don't worry about it, I know the trip was long". 

Tayla finishes her water and moves to the bed while Rafe tucks her in, kissing her forehead softly "I just want to take care of you". 

She smiles "I know babe, and I love you for that but you don't have to be so worried".

Rafe nods, rubbing his thumb against Tayla's cheek "I love you and I'll try not to worry so much". 

Tayla takes a deep breath, starting to feel a headache "I think I need to take a nap but I'll be up for dinner later". 

"Okay, I'll let you rest" he says, kissing her softly before he goes downstairs.

Rose and Ward sit at the island in the kitchen while the girls cut up vegetables for the salad. As Rafe enters the kitchen, Ward looks past him, searching for his new fiance "Where's Tayla?".

He gestures towards where he just came from "She's sleeping off a headache right now but wanted me to tell you she'll be here for dinner". 

Wheezie looks over to her brother "Is she feeling okay?". 

Rafe shrugs "I don't know, she'll probably feel better after her nap".

Ward pats the seat next to him "So tell us how the proposal went down". 

Rafe grins and moves towards the seat "Well I took her to the Denver football game and proposed to her in front of the kiss cam, I was practically shaking but tried my best to keep my composure". 

Sarah chuckles "And she really said yes? To your ass? In front of all those people?".

Wheezie laughs along with her sister, annoying Rafe "Haha you guys are hilarious, of course, she said yes". 

Rose smiles "Another Cameron in the house soon?". Rafe smiles at the thought, of Tayla Cameron, his wife for the rest of his life.

"I think I'm going to move out by the time we get married, by that time I'll be twenty-one and have my trust fund to get our own house" Rafe says. 

Ward nods "If that's what you want son, I actually wanted to talk to you about that" he walks towards his study "Come with me".

Thirty minutes later...

Tayla stirs from her nap, hearing male voices talking aggressively, it was too far and mumbled for her to decipher who was talking. After a couple of moments, stomping on the floor gets louder and louder until it reaches the bedroom door. Tayla sits up from the bed, finding a distraught Rafe.

He was clearly pissed about something, Tayla knew it had something to do with his father "What happened?". 

Rafe scoffs, shaking his head as he paces back and forth, not knowing what to do with his hands. "Baby come sit down... please" she tried to keep her voice as soft and calm as possible.

It takes a minute but he takes a deep breath and sits down near Tayla, his hands were still in fists. She rubbed his back, her hand moved in circles "I'm here for you, you can tell me". Rafe shakes his head as his breathing becomes less even.

This is when Tayla starts to really get worried "For better or for worse right?" her hand drifts to the nape of his neck, lightly scratching the way he likes it. 

He takes another deep breath "It's my dad... he-" his head drops into his hands as the tears inevitably fall.

Tayla gets out from under the sheets and wraps her arms around Rafe "Whatever it is, I'll try to make it better". 

Rafe looks directly into his fiance's eyes "He's scared about all the money I'm getting when I turn twenty-one and that when we get married, you'll just take half of it and leave, I was livid when that shit came out of his mouth".

His red, puffy eyes search through Tayla's "He said he wants a prenup... I can't stand him and live here anymore, I'm done" the words come out of his mouth rapidly, scared of Tayla's reaction. 

The tan girl keeps her arms around the love of her life "We can leave if that makes you feel better, whatever you want".

Rafe's eyebrows knit together "You aren't mad?". 

She shakes her head "Babe, people are going to think what they want about us but at the end of the day I know what we have and if a prenup is what it takes to prove that then so be it". 

His eyes well up with tears "I really hope you don't think I would even consider that, I trust you with everything I have".

Tayla smiles warmly "I know but I also know that you want your dad to be happy". 

Rafe shakes his head "You trump everything else, if I have to pick between you or my dad, well... fuck my dad". 

Tayla couldn't help but laugh "I love you, baby, even if that wasn't your answer".

He nods "I know" kissing her softly to try and communicate his immense appreciation "But we're leaving".