Chapter 17: The Drink

Later in the day, on the beach...

Tayla decided to go to the party with Sarah, trying to get Rafe out of her head for the moment. It was working, the music and crowds of people got her out of all the intrusive thoughts she had. The only problem was this party was hosted by the pogues. Did Kiara know Tayla and Sarah were there? Only time could answer that.

As time kept passing, Sarah started to focus more on John B. Trying to find someone else to talk to, Tayla searches through the crowd to find the three kook boys. Not only did she want to avoid a conversation with Rafe, she now craved a drink to get him out of her head. A random touron walked up to her a couple of seconds later, offering her a drink.

She immediately took it, then moved over to the bonfire to watch the fire. Rafe had yet to notice his upset girlfriend although he was trying to find her. Kiara, however, did spot him. She walked over to the three kooks "Rafe! You made it to the party".

He politely smiles "Yeah... it was kind of a last-minute thing".

Kie frowns a little but then perks back up "Ooo I love this song, come dance with me".

Rafe had a hard time saying no to girls, one dance couldn't hurt, right? The pogue girl practically drags him closer to the music, as they find their place she started to move her body very close to his.

Looking around and still sitting by the bonfire, Tayla finds her so-called boyfriend practically getting grinded on by none other than Kiara Carrerra. She stands up quickly and starts to feel extremely dizzy. How strong was that drink?

Tayla tries to shake off the feeling and storms over to Rafe and Kiara. She shoves Rafe with all of her strength "What the actual fuck Rafe!". Trying not to fall to the ground, Rafe balances himself.

Tayla starts slurring her words "You don't wannna be with me and nnnow you're cheating right in my face?".

"It's seriously not what it looks like and what's wrong with you?" Rafe tries to get close to her but she pushes him again.

"If you donnn't want to be with mmme than just ssay so" her eyes water uncontrollably.

Kie laughs at the girl "Fucking leave then".

Rafe glares at her "Stay out of it", once he faces back towards Tayla, he finds her on the ground completely passed out.

His knees hit the ground so fast as he kneels down "Babe? Tay, come on, stop playing with me".

Sarah pushes through the crowd that is starting to circle around the scene. Rafe blinks back his tears, putting his fingers to the vein in her neck to check her pulse. Sarah attempts to lift Tayla by the armpits and looks at Rafe "She needs to go to the hospital right now".

He nods "I can take her" picking her up bridal style, he hurries to his truck.

Sarah watches him leave and then puts her focus on Kiara "What the fuck is actually your problem? How do you sleep at night trying to break up a couple?".

Kie looks back at her ex-best friend "I don't give a shit about how you two feel, I just want Rafe".

At this point, everyone is listening and watching but Sarah could not care any less. "News flash, Rafe doesn't give a fuck about you, he loves Tay and nothing will ever change that".

Kie scoffs but Sarah continues "Your stupid attempt to try and split them up is not going to work, it's going to take a whole lot more than forcing yourself on him".

"Mess with my brother or my best friend again and I'll make it my mission to make YOUR life miserable" by the end of her sentence, Sarah is so close to Kie that everyone on the beach thought that they were going to brawl out. Before Kie could say another word, Sarah walks off to her car to meet Rafe at the hospital.

At the hospital...

Once Rafe reached the hospital, the nurses rushed to get Tayla into a room. He tried to get his way into the room but an nurse stops him "No visitors right now, sir".

Rafe shakes his head frantically "You don't understand, I need to be with her, I need to know she's okay".

The worker frowns "I'm sorry, I'll let you know when she can have visitors".

To keep it simple, Rafe was frustrated. He wanted to be there for his girl and couldn't. Pacing through the waiting room, he couldn't let himself sit down and relax while waiting. A couple of minutes later, Sarah comes through the automatic doors.

When she finds her brother, she rushes to him "Rafe, what's going on?".

His demeanor made her nervous, waiting for his answer made her feel like she was waiting for hours. Rafe couldn't look her sister in the eyes "I don't know, I don't know what's happening, they won't let me see her". Completely stressed, he runs his hand through his non-gelled hair, mumbling under his breath.

Hot tears fall down his cheek "I need to see her, I need to know she's okay".

Sarah felt the exact same way as him but she knew that she need to be the one to console him "She's going to be okay, someone probably slipped something in her drink".

Rafe's face turns angry "What?!".

Sarah looks down, shaking her head "I saw this touron give her a drink, he looked harmless so I didn't think anything of it".

Rafe's jaw clenches tight "I'm going to kill him, who tries to take advantage of a girl?".

Sarah sighs "We don't even know him".

He rolls his eyes "Whatever, I'll find him".

"No you won't, you need to focus on your girlfriend".

He sniffles, trying not to let more tears fall "I don't even know if she's my girlfriend anymore".

Sarah chuckles a little bit "She's still wearing the ring, isn't she?".

"I guess, but she was saying that I don't want to be with her" Rafe shrugs his shoulders disappointed.

Sarah looks up towards him "Well do you? Wanna be with her forever?".

Rafe chuckles dryly "Of course I fucking do, I would marry her right now if it was socially acceptable".

The blonde girl's eyes widen at his answer "That's not what you said earlier with Wheeze and me, maybe she accidentally heard".

Rafe groans "You're probably right, I just meant I didn't want to talk about my feelings for her with you guys, I wanted to be between me and her".

Sarah rolls her eyes "If you love her this much, why do you care?".

The kook boy nods "You're right".

A couple of seconds later, the same worker from before comes from the hallway "If you're ready, you can now visit her".