extra content - first kiss

AS SOON AS THEY WERE back aboard the Domo, Druig had tugged Hera away from the others

AS SOON AS THEY WERE back aboard the Domo, Druig had tugged Hera away from the others. Everyone else made their way to Phatos' lab, and since Hera and Druig had been at the back of the group, no one noticed right away when they disappeared.

"What are you doing?" Hera whispered as Druig clasped her hand in his and dragged her down a side hallway. He didn't say anything until he had deemed they were sufficiently secluded.

He had a mischievous grin on his mouth as he looked down at her. Her back was against the wall as he stood before her, their hands still intertwined.

"I wanted to steal you away for a moment," he told her, leaning forward ever so slightly. Her breath hitched in her throat as his forehead bumped hers. "Is that a crime?"

"No," she replied, her eyes flickering towards his lips. He chuckled, the action not lost on him as his free hand moved to brush strands of loose hair behind her ear. "Not at all."

"Good," he said. "Even if it was, I wouldn't care."

"Druig," she said, her tone uneven as she looked at him. He knew what he was doing. He was being a tease, as if getting her back for all the times she hadn't listened to him. "Can you stop stalling and just—"

"Just what?" He interrupted, eyes twinkling as his hand moved to cup her cheek. She rolled her eyes as her palms pressed into the cool metal at her back.

"Do this?" He leaned forward, their lips almost brushing— but at the last second he changed his course and pressed a chaste lip to her cheek.

She huffed and moved her hands to rest against his chest. "Druig," she said with narrowed eyes.

"What about this?" He grinned and placed another kiss to her forehead.

"You're annoying," she sighed, but he only chuckled as he placed another kiss to the corner of her mouth.

"So you tell me. Very often, might I add."

"I need to remind you incase you forget."

He laughed then and rested his forehead against hers. Both of his palms cupped her cheeks. Her hands still rested against his armored chest. They stayed like that for a moment before Hera spoke again.

"I'm glad you're not dead." She told him quietly.

"Me too. Otherwise I wouldn't get to do this," he leaned forward the tiniest bit, his lips just barely touching hers, and then he moved to press a kiss to her nose.

"Druig!" She groaned, utterly annoyed as she pushed him back. He stumbled backwards a step with a bark of laughter.

"Sorry, sorry. I'm really gonna kiss you now," he told her. Then he was stepping forward, his hands cupping her face once more as he pressed his mouth to hers with no hesitation.

Hera kissed him back readily, her eyes fluttering closed as she smiled into the kiss. One of her hands moved to the back of his head, her fingers running through his dark hair.

A second later, a loud knock on the wall of the Domo startled both Hera and Druig, causing them to spring apart. Their heads whipped towards the noise to find the culprit— Makkari.

She was grinning widely, her eyes twinkling with glee as she threw her hands up in celebration. "Finally!"

Hera looked at the floor, her cheeks turning pink in embarrassment as Druig just grinned.

"Makkari, you have the worst timing." He told her, to which she shrugged.

"Maybe I have the best timing. Any later and you two would've been taking clothes off—"

"Makkari!" Hera interrupted. Her cheeks were burning furiously now as she buried her face in her hands.

Makkari just shrugged and smiled. "When you two are done making out like teenagers, the rest of us are talking about plans. Come join us, okay? But get the kissing out of the way first."

"Just go!" Hera pleaded, mortified. Makkari raised her hands in surrender and walked back the way she had came. As soon as she was out of sight, Druig burst into laughter.

"It's not funny! That was embarrassing!" She hissed, lightly slapping Druig on the shoulder.

"That was hilarious. I can't wait to embarrass you for the rest of our lives."

"Druig, don't you dare. I'll leave you."

"No you won't."

Hera sighed grumpily as Druig clasped her hand. They began to walk in the direction Makkari had left in.

"No I won't."

author's note: by demand, here's the kiss between Hera and Druig that was mentioned in chapter 17!