Chapter 25

Just as promised, Purpled had accompanied Red on his next visit to see Ant.
"You were right," Purpled hummed, looking around at the Wisteria, "It really is pretty."

He caught sight of something under the tree, "What are those two mounds doing there?"
Red stiffened, "Honestly...me and Ant think there might have been people before us, and the same thing happened to them as is happening to us. They're...dead."

Purpled tensed up, but hid it.
"Oh," he muttered, regretting asking.
Just then, Ant slunk out of the bushes and went to wrap his arms around Red, who did the same in return.

He kissed the taller on the cheek, causing Purpled to look away with a huff.
Ant didn't register the fact, and turned to the other boy.
"So, you're Purpled, I'm assuming?"
"Yeah? You're Ant?"
"Yes."

Red cleared his throat, "So. Purpled had something he wanted to show to you."
"I heard," Ant nodded, "What is it?"
Purpled swallowed and lifted the locket, his hand trembling.

"Would you...know any of these people, by any chance? Like, at all?" Purpled muttered.
"Oh! This boy here looks like a guard named Dream. He's got the same hair and eyes as he does."

Purpled nodded intently, "So...will you ask him about this? Please? I wanna find more about my past."
Ant smiled comfortingly at him, "Yeah, I can ask him. May I take the locket? So I can show him?"

Purpled looked at the locket longingly for a moment, thinking. He looked up and nodded.
"J-just be careful with it, alright? Don't let anything happen to it!"
Ant nodded, taking the photo, "Of course. I wouldn't dream of it."

Red and Ant were lovely dovey for a bit longer, giggling, kissing, using cute pet names on one another.
Purpled was almost envious. Almost. It was a bit cute, he had to admit, but it was way too mushy for Purpled's taste.

After exchanging wishes of good luck, more confessions of their love, and a tender kiss, the two were on their way back to the Nevadas Kingdom.
Purpled was a bit too quiet for the rest of the day.

------------

Ant called for Dream and told him to meet in the princes room after his shift ended. Dream of course assumed it was something important again, but didn't ask any further for the time being.

That night, Dream had done as told, as per usual.
"Yes sir? What do you require? Is it about...that, again?" Dream asked the last part hesitantly.
"Not exactly that, but it's important," Ant confirmed.

Ant pulled out the locket from his pocket, and opened it to show the picture held inside to the man before him.
"Look familiar, Dream?"

Dream choked for a moment, eyes filling with tears. For some reason, it hurt.
"I-I'm sorry your highness, I just- that woman looks familiar. I've seen her in my dreams before."

Ant nodded again, "Is this all you know? Or is there more?"
Dream shrugged, "I saw that blonde boy there once in my dreams. It was a good one, and it seemed like they were happy. I was there too, and I felt...happy."

Dream smiled to himself at the last part, and Ant nodded once more.
"Thank you, Dream. You're free to leave."
"Yes, you're Leigh."
With that, Dream left.

Ant had a sudden thought. Bad and Skeppy- they spent lots of time together in the castles library. They might know some of these people, the woman looked like a pirate. Pirates were in history books lots of the time.

Ant made his way quietly to the twos room, being sure not to alert his father as he passed the kings room.
He knocked on the door, and was met with Skeppy as he opened the door, looking grumpy and tired before he spotted the prince.