Chapter 33

Warning(s): mentioned cannibals

Red's pleas for a strong hand comes the very next day. It's so sudden that he wondered if it was some extra-terrestrial being heard his desperate begging and took pity on them all.

Philza had called the group of allies, along with Red, Ant, and the Frost King. This included King George and Quackity as well, who were accompanied by the other members of the Nevadas Kingdom.

"Well?" Purpled prompted impatiently.
"We have work to do, make it fast," Quackity insisted.
Puffy had placed a hand on her son's shoulder, "It's most likely something that will help us. Don't be rude."

Purpled crossed his arms and huffed, obviously not used to being scolded.
Dream almost laughed at his younger brother, before their mother shot him a look and he shut up.

"Well then Philza," the king clears his throat, calling everyone's attention back to the task at hand, "You said you had something that would help us significantly during this war? What is it?"

Phil took a deep breath, suddenly feeling all too exposed as all eyes lay on him.
"Well, when me and," he swallowed a lump in his throat, "Me and my wife, were coming here, we were traveling with another friend."

The man sighed and looked around.
"I forget what time of The Great Journey it was, but me and my wife, Kristin, were looking for a better home. She was pregnant and we had a little boy as well."

"The Great Journey?" Ant muttered, "What's that?"
Phil turned his attention to the young prince.
"It was a long Era. About two hundred years, it was an ice age unlike any other. Not even gods could survive it for long."

"That must've been really bad," Tommy mumbled, standing by his father's side.
"It was," Phil agreed, "Me and Kristin didn't travel by ourselves though. Let's just say, I'm a god. And so was this friend of mine. The Blood God, to be exact."

Phil looked around as if taking in all the shocked stares from the group.
"He helped us settle here. The Frost Kingdom came to be around the same time as ours, and the Blood God helped them too. The Great Journey only recently ended to my knowledge, maybe a few decades ago. Some of the rulers of the younger kingdoms were in the last bunch that traveled."

Quackity cleared his throat.
"I confirm this. I was among the last group of travelers, along with Slimecicle and many others."
"I was there too," Puffy said, "Me and Quackity traveled in the same group."

Dream, Purpled, and Foolish looked at their mother with a bit of shock, slightly surprised at the revelation.
"But," Tommy protested, "If it was so long ago, how'd you like this long then?"

Phil let a deep breath out through his nose.
"Well, to put it simply, I am also immortal. Your mother was a mortal, though. This led to both you and Wilbur being mostly mortal. However, before I was imprisoned, I gave you my gift."

Tommy blinked his icy eyes, looking at his father expectantly.
"What gift?"
"My gift of immortality. I can see you've hardly aged physically," he paused, then added, "And mentally."

Before Tommy could make an offended noise, George spoke up.
"But how is the same king that overthrew you still alive then?" George prompted, eyes narrowed.

Phil stiffened, his eyes giving away that he'd been expecting this. He breathed out.
"The Blood God will explain," Phil said softly, "Once we find him."
"How do we find him?" Red asked, "Will he help us overthrow my father?"

Phil nodded affirmatively.
"He'll be a huge help if we can find him, having him on my side will practically guarantee our victory."
Ant grinned. "That's amazing!"
"Where do we find him?" The Frost King asked quickly.

Phil shrunk slightly with a shake of his head.
"I apologize, but," he cleared his throat, "When me and the Blood God, Techno, finished helping the Frost Kingdom settle, Techno could no longer stay."

Phil shook his head sadly.
"Techno had...voices in his head. These voices...demanded things. Demanded things Techno could never satisfy if he stayed. So, he left. Before he did, he gave me a small emerald earring."

"What good is an earring?" Purpled mumbled, getting a nudge in the ribs from his mother for that.
"The earring also doubles as a... let's say a cry for help. Techno told me before he left that if I ever needed him, to press it and he would come. The king took it when he overthrew the kingdom."

Ant's father nodded. "I see."
"How'd he know about the earing?" Red prompted suddenly.
Phil froze, staring at Red with wide, icy blue eyes.
"I-I'm afraid only Techno can tell you that."

The Frost King narrowed his eyes in suspicion but nodded.
"Is it something," the man cleared his throat, "Personal? Sensitive, perhaps?"
Phil shrugged. "It's not my place to tell. We just need to find that earing."

"I can get it!" Tommy chirped, ever eager to help, "The Velvet King still trusts me. I can sneak in and steal it."
Phil looked down at his son, worry shining in his eyes.
"Are you sure?" He muttered, "I don't want you to get hurt."

"I can do it," Tommy says firmly.
"He's been doing great," Quackity chimes in.
"Yeah, he'll just have to be more careful this time," said Red.

Phil looked around the room, feeling nervous.
He finally relented, sighing.
"Fine. Just promise you'll be careful."

Tommy smiled reassuringly at his father.
"I promise."

---------

Eret is worried. He'd been informed of the situation by Tommy, but that wasn't exactly what ate away at him.
When Eret thought back to his childhood for long enough, a lonely time he never liked to remember, he could make out a family.

Well, not exactly a family. A single man. A very vague man, though. Eret never did like her eyes, but when she saw a man with her own same eyes in her dreams, she couldn't help but feel better about the abnormal feature.

Eret sighed and laid against the pillow, sleep taking her into the all too familiar dream.

She's being carried, shielded from strong gusts of wind by a man with strong arms and dark skin. He had Eret's eyes.
Eret looked around, the barren landscape underwhelming.

To their side is a woman holding a boy around Eret's age, looking drained and annoyed.
A yell catches the man and woman's attention, and the woman in quick to drop the boy in her arms.

"Leave the kids!" She snapped.
The man sputtered, scooping up the boy.
"Are you insane!?"
"It's them or us! Those cannibals just need one of us! Leave them!"

"You're insane, woman!" He snarled as she ran off into the distance.
In a blind panic, the man rushes around, relief painting his features when he seemingly spotted something.

"Philza, Technoblade, Kristin!" He snarled.
"Herobrine?" A man's voice comes.
"Take them!"

Eret and the boy are shoved into a stranger's arms, the man giving them each a brief kiss on the head before running back.
"Cannibals," a large man with pink hair hissed, "Disgusting."

"We need to move," snapped a pregnant woman holding a boy in her arms as Eret and the other cried out for the strange man.
The woman took a deep, shuddering breath and held her belly, and her son close.

"Let's go," said the large man, a teenage boy standing beside him.
The group continued on. Eret didn't remember why she was crying.