Chapter 1: A Big Boy With A Big Cøck

Vaughn Miguel

I stared at her in confusion.

I am trained to read people. I am fully-trained to know if someone's telling the truth or not based on the mere micro-expressions on their faces, the contours of their eyebrows, the glint of emotion on their eyes, and the twitch of their lips—I know everything.

And by the looks of Kamila—if that's even her real name. Alam ko na may hindi siya sinasabi sa akin oras na tumanggi siya na magpadala sa opisina ng mga otoridad.

"At bakit hindi?" Tanong ko.

Napalunok siya habang kita ko pa din ang takot sa kanyang mga mata.

"T-They transported me from Virginia to the Philippines through a plane. I don't know which plane because I was b-blindfolded...after few hours, we landed...somebody carried me off the plane and I-I heard the  names of the immigrations officer w-who let us into the country without any question...t-those same officers saw me with a duct tape on my mouth and didn't do anything but helped put me in a car."

She swallowed as fresh tears rolled down her cheeks. My chest clenched in pity and in anger for those bad people.

"T-They put me in the backseat o-of the car tied, blindfolded, and gagged. N-Narinig ko ang mga pangalan ng mga pulis at sundalo na nasa payroll nila. T-They w-were talking about it because they need their services for s-some c-criminal thing....I-I don't trust and I don't wanna be seen by the law enforcement b-because of that."

Oh, this poor woman.

"Okay...I get it now.." I said and wiped her tears. "I promise you, you can trust us. Hindi kami corrupt." I softly said and caressed her dirty cheek.

Her eyes widened and she shook head again. My gut churned in pity once more, dahil simple lang ang buhay niya kahapon tapos ngayon ay ganito ang inabot niya dahil sa masasamang tao.

"Please, no. Just take me away...and I will tell you everything else I knew about this syndicate. That is the only way you will make me talk." She firmly said. She moved away from me, shaking in fear.

No, W-1716 has other ways to make her talk....but after everything this woman has been through, she doesn't deserve that kind of thing.

What I am about to do is against the rules but if this is the only way that I would get information....without harming her, then so be it.

"Sir, okay na ang warehouse. Ms. Elliot did an excellent job cleaning it up," Ximena said on the other line. "And nasaan ka pala, sir? You just left the scene."

Napahawak ako sa bridge ng aking ilong sandali. I am currently standing in front of a single bed in a motel room.

Napakamot ako sa aking batok sandali, hesitating about lying. I have no problem doing it with criminals but I certainly have a problem lying to my colleagues or to any good person at all.

"I just need to get some air. I'll return to the bookstore as soon as I can."

"Hm, okay, do it fast, please. Direk's breathing fire."

I hissed. Yeah, Custudio will be really mad after what happened.

"Alright, I'll see you." Sagot ko na lang bago ko binaba ang tawag.

Matapos kong ibulsa ang aking cellphone ay pagod akong napaupo sa paanan ng king sized na kama. There is an old T.V in front of me, a carpet against my shoes, and that's about it. Ang plano ko lamang ay dalhin siya sa isang cafe subalit nag-insist siya na dalhin ko siya dito sa isang motel dahil kailangan niyang maligo, while we're at it, I also bought her some clothes.