Chapter 28: Mission Failed.... Succesfully?

Vaughn Miguel

The next day came, I woke up earlier than usual. Well, I didn't really sleep at all. As weird as it may sound, I couldn't sleep because I just watched her face while I found myself thinking about the things that we've done, and how I am so ready to admit that boy, was I wrong about so many things that I've said....and that how much it all backfired.

I said that this was just all pure physicality, and that 's what I genuinely felt before. I thought that this was all just fîlthy and dåmn good fúcking....but unfortunately, it has become more than that.

Because now, I don't want her to go.

It's funny because I used to hate her so much I badly wanted to put her in jail and get rid of her. Now, I can't bear the idea of her leaving and knowing that whatever we have will literally and inevitably end in two days.

Going out of here and going back to my 'normal' life is better because I can make a difference. Kahapon noong tinawagan ako ni Brimley ay nasabi niya na may substantial leads na siyang nahanap about his theory. He said he is closing in, he's pretty excited about it, and I want to help the first chance I get, but I don't even know how to go back to my life before Kamila.

Not after everything that has happened.

I can't even tell anybody about what happened in the last twenty six days. From how I was blackmailed into keeping a vigilante in a house, and ended up sleeping with her...and now having feelings for her?

Dåmn, I went from being one of their finest agents to one of the failures of W-1716.

I grunted as I lifted a seventy pound weight with my left hand. Dito ako sa home gym dumeretso matapos akong magising. I can see my reflection on the mirror in front of me, I am soaking in sweat because I just ran seven miles on the treadmill, and now I am now lifting weights with the dumbbells. My mind was so full that I didn't mind the physical strain.

Natigil naman ako sa aking ginawa nang may marinig akong sipol, and then she said, "Dåmn, papi."

I settled back the weights on the rack and looked back. Nakatayo siya sa doorway, she was wearing her long silk robe and her hair is tied in a messy bun as always. There was this teasing smile on her lips, while she was holding a cup of coffee on the other hand and some sort of shake on the other.

"Hey," Nakangiti kong bati sa kanya at naglakad palapit.

"Hey." Sagot niya at iniabot sa akin ang shake.

"What is this?" Tanong ko.

"Protein shake since when I woke up I noticed you're working out, so I made a shake with the fruits that we have in the fridge."

I smiled in appreciation.

"Thank you,"

She nodded, before she sipped her coffee.

"I'll be downstair—"

I interrupted her by pressing my lips against hers. Napahawak siya sa aking braso nang damhin ko ang kanyang pisngi gamit ang aking libreng kamay. My heart thudded loudly and I closed my eyes, because I felt what Kuya B was telling me about...all those goddåmn fireworks of emotions inside my chest. But right before that took over me, I pulled away. We're both panting, my eyes were on her face, but she couldn't look me in the eyes.

"Something wrong?"

Mabilis siyang umiling at tumingin sa akin muli.

"Nothing," She gave me a smile. "Just go do your thing, and I'll be downstaris." She said and then walked away.