Chapter 46: Eyes On Me

Vaughn Miguel

"What the fúck happened?" Tanong ko kay Brimley na ngayon ay nakaupo sa tabi ko. Kasalukuyan kaming narito sa private jet at pauwi na kami ng Pilipinas. I thought he was about to put a bullet in my head, but then, he shot the concrete floor instead. He pulled me quickly and an agent forced me to get into a nearby car. I was protesting and asking what the hell is going on, but they told me to shut up or something bad will happen to Kamila.

That's my love, my girlfriend, my future wife, and the future mother of my children that we were talking about, so no matter how confused I was, I didn't say anything. Instead, I sat down inside the car. The whole crew then cleaned up the scene and took the cars in under ten seconds. We were so eerily silent the whole ride to the JFK airport, at nang maabot namin ang tarmac ay may naghihintay na ang modified na jet. I said modified because the org's jet is not the usual air vehicle. This jet that we have travels two-hundred times faster than the usual one, we have it because there are missions that require us to be in a place in a snap.

"Okay, so first of all, I swear on my mother's grave that nothing bad will happen to Kamila, or to Larkin, or to Ana. Hilfieger just told you that something bad will happen because he had to make you quiet, so we could do our job faster. I hope you understand." Seryoso niyang sabi, there was no humor in his brown eyes.

I nodded.

"Okay.." I trailed. I am still confused, because they were chasing us and I was wanted as a traitor.

"Next is alam din namin na hindi ka traydor at hindi masama si Kamila. We found out days after you escaped from the bookstore..." He hissed when he remembered that he shot me.

"Sorry din Miguel kung nabaril kita or napagbintangan kita na traydor. That freaking Spader put false information in our database at iyon ang nakita ko..."

I nodded. It wasn't his fault.

"Don't worry about it."

"Thank you, bro. Also, I had to make it seem like I shot you because Pinuno said so. It's part of her plan that is working so far."

Kumunot ang noo ko.

"What plan?"

"She's gonna explain it to you when we land. But for now, you have nothing to worry about, I promise you." He said. "Also, sorry again, I have to take away your devices so you're not gonna be tempted to call her." Sabi niya at inilahad ang kanyang kamay. Binunot ko naman ang disposable phone mula sa aking bulsa at inabot sa kanya iyon.

Hours later, we arrived in the Philippines. Hindi nila ako dinala sa bookstore, bagkus ay dinala nila ako sa isang five star hotel. I am free to do whatever I please inside the room, but then I am not allowed to leave and to have contact with any family members. Mayroon ding dalawang agents na naka-stay sa katabing suite, to make sure that I am not gonna leave.

Pagpasok ko ay sumalubong sa akin ang king size bed sa gitna ng kwarto. It's facing the direction of the huge t.v screen mounted on the wall. Habang nasa kaliwang side ng kwarto ang pinto ng banyo at closet. Napatingin naman ako sa study area sa gilid ng kama. There was a laptop on the table and there's a sticky note on the screen that says 'turn on' Agad akong lumapit doon at umupo sa harap ng screen. Nang paandarin ko iyon ay sumalubong sa akin ang logo ng W-1716 at may voice wave sa ilalim noon.

"Hello, Miguel." I heard a feminine voice as the voice wave moved.

"Pinuno?" I asked.

"Yeah."

Napalunok ako. I quite literally don't know what to say.

"I knew something was up with you after the operation failed that night. You've been acting weird I heard, but I didn't do anything because you were efficient with your job.."