Chapter 41: The Plan

Vaughn Miguel

The two women took us to a neighborhood, only a few blocks away from the pier. When we pulled up in front of an apartment that was made of red bricks, I couldn't help but to look around for a moment. Madaling araw na at tanging mga street lights lamang ang nagsisilbing liwanag sa paligid, from here I can see the parked cars of the residents on the side of the road, I think it is pretty interesting that the neighboring houses were made with bricks too, and that there are also green trees around the area. It's nice to see greenery in a city full of cars and buildings.

Agad kaming pumasok sa apartment matapos na patayin ni Ana ang makina ng sasakyan, dahil kahit na madaling araw na ay pwede pa rin na may makakita sa amin. I didn't get to look around inside the apartment, since my woman is really sleepy. Hindi siya nakatulog ng maayos sa barko dahil maalog iyon at maingay ang mga makina. It was like that for the whole ride because the ship is not a usual cargo ship. According to Kamila, that vessel is owned by a private company that caters to the people who want expedited shipping of either cars, motorbikes, and other big and expensive stuff from Asia.

They crafted and modified the vessel to travel ninety-five times faster than a usual ship, So, that's why it only took us less than twenty-four hours to arrive in Brooklyn. If it was just a usual ship, it would've been days before we even reached the American waters.

I thanked Larkin silently after she led us into Kamila's room. When she gently closed the door, I guided Kamila to our bed and put the thick duvet over her. She was really tired because it only took her a few seconds before she was snoring softly. Matapos kong ibaba ang luggage namin sa paanan ng kama ay humiga na din ako sa tabi niya. I pulled her closer to me and closed my eyes.

The next moment I opened my eyes, there was already sunlight that was seeping through the windows. Hindi ko maiwasang mapangiti nang maramdaman ko ang mainit at malambot na katawan ni Kamila sa aking tabi. She's already awake, with a smile on her beautiful face.

"Hey,"

"Hey, baby.." She murmured, before she cupped my cheek and pressed a kiss on my lips.

"Thank you for tucking me in last night."

I gave her a charming smile.

"Is this your room?" Tanong ko at sandaling tiningnan ang paligid.

The walls are painted in this soothing shade of gray, habang may dalawang bintana sa magkabilang gilid ng kama. We're not exposed dahil natatabingan iyon ng makapal na mga kurtina. Walang masyadong kagamitan dito sa kanyang kwarto bukod sa kanyang vanity mirror sa kaliwang gawi ng kwarto at ang clothes drawer sa may bandang paanan ng kama.

"Technically, yeah, pero minsan lang ako nakakapag-stay dito, because I was always busy either participating in the rescue missions, or stealing from rich unethical people."

I hummed in affirmation.

"But Larkin and Ana do stay here most of the time. Hindi ko alam kung paano sila nagkakasundo since 24/7 atang binu-bully ni Ana si Larkin." Iiling-iling niyang sagot.

I chuckled softly, before I ran my thumb on her cheek.

"I'm curious about Ana." I genuinely said. I placed my hand on the hip of my very sexy girlfriend.

"Well.... Ana is a scientist who specializes in Chemistry."

Umawang ang aking mga labi sandali habang napangiti naman siya.

"Just when I thought a hacker for a friend is enough."

She grinned.

"She skipped a lot of grades in grade school because she is gifted. NYU gave her a full scholarship, where she got her Bachelor's and Master's, and then she got her Doctorate degree in Columbia Univeristy.......at 24."