Chapter 2

Time skip: 2 days

Hmm, go with the light blue dress!" Alana excitedly stated her opinion, our annual back to school dance was next week and we wanted to get a head start on dress shopping since they were bound to be sold out in 3 days tops.

"You sure? I mean don't get me wrong I like it but...don't it show off too much of my...Yk?" I asked circling around my chest with my hand.

Alana rolled her eyes and laughed, "Don't worry you look hot girl!" I smiled and turned around to face the mirror, maybe I do like it.

"Ok! I'll get it!" I smiled widely as I headed back towards the dressing room, I turned and locked the door. I stared at myself in the mirror for a good little while, and if we're being honest I hated the way I looked in the dress. I feel like I tried to find every flaw and imperfection, any little thing.

Why do I do this to myself, tears were brimming in my eyes, daring to fall. I can't ruin my makeup, I grabbed my hoodie and used the sleeve to keep my tears from falling.

I changed into my regular clothes hanging the dress up on the hanger, making sure it wasn't clear I nearly had a breakdown, before walking back out to pay.

Alana was on the phone once I exited, "Who is it?" I mouthed and she told me it was Maddie, when she hung up she told me she had to go.

"Hey row, I'm sorry but Maddie needs me. Are you ok from here?"

I nodded understanding how much the two cared for each other. She smiled and walked off disappearing out the front doors. I walked up to front desk and payed, the lady explained that they have a 14 day return policy, I was most likely gonna need it.

I sighed heavily before exiting the store only to realize, I came here with Alana, who had left already. I cussed under my breathe realizing I had to call my brother.

I dialed his number and he soon answered...

"Hey I'm at the mall can you come get me?"

"I guess, I'm with Maddie right now, but sure."

"Why?"

"Uh, because she's my girlfriend. "

"Oh ya I forgot, it's fine. I'll walk or something."

I hung up before he could say anymore, I threw my phone down onto the bench I was now seated on and groaned in my hands. "Hey Rowyn you good?" A familiar voice asked me, I slowly turned my head up to see Noah.

"Yep fine, just stranded here with no way home." I smiled sarcastically, he rolled his eyes with a smile creeping onto his lips.

"C'mon I'll give you a ride."

"You don't need to do that."

"Your stuck here alone, it would take you and hour maybe two to get home, your dads at work, and we both know your brother ain't gonna leave his girl for you."

I hated that he was right. Like a lot! I sighed deeply, "I don't have a choice do I?"

"C'mon cupcake you know your brother would kill me if I left you here, alone." I rolled my eyes standing up and grabbing my dress following closely behind Noah.

"Say, what's that dress for?"

"School dance." I shortly responded.

"There's a school dance?" He asked as he held the door open, I nodded not wanting to interact with him as much as possible.

~

I stayed quiet the entire drive until he spoke breaking the awkward silence, "So, do you have a boyfriend?"

"My brothers best friend asking me, if I have a boyfriend? Get lost." I shook my head in pure annoyance.

"Hey chill out sassy pants, it was just a question."

"Mhm, do you have a girlfriend? Oh but don't worry it was just a questioned." I smirked and he smirked as well as we pulled into my driveway.

"Thanks Noah." I shortly said before I reached for the door handle, when I felt him grab my wrist, stopping me from getting out.

"Your welcome and there's a party tonight at Levi's house."

"Levi?! You mean the most popular boy in school Levi?" I hated that name with all my heart after he cheated on Alana with one of the popular girls in my group.

"Yeah." He awkwardly smiled downwards.

"Now how did a new student like you get invited to a party with thee most popular kid." I was genuinely shocked at how new he was and the dact he was already making friends that high up in popularity.

"Actually your brother invited me." He looked back up making eye contact with me.

"M-my brother ?!" Now I was even more shocked at how my BROTHER got into that group.

"Yes your twin brother Raedyn, that's a conversation between you and YOUR brother. 7 o'clock at Levi's house!"

He stayed in his car on his phone for a second before Raedyn came out to bring me inside, "Rowyn what are you doing out here cmon let's go inside there's supposed to be a big storm coming tonight dad wants us prepping for it. Hey Noah come inside when your ready!" Noah looked up from his phone for a split second giving a thumbs up to us.

I rolled my eyes and sighed as I headed towards the front door, "tell me how on gods green earth you are friends with Levi Ambros?!" He laughed at my question, "Dude I've been best friends with him for 5 years, you've just always been surfing, with friends, or lately you've been hideaway in your room."

I felt a lump grow in my throat as he mentioned me been hidden in my room 24/7, it's been heard since my moms death. I didn't want to communicate with the world, I just missed her and I wanted nothing more than to be alone.

I stopped dead in my tracks and he looked back at me realizing how all of what he just said meant, "Crap Row I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that."

The tears were bottling up, the front door behind me opened, I turned to see Noah walking in knowing the tears were visible when he asked why was wrong.

"Hey Rowyn you ok?!"

I charged up the stairs and into my room, shutting the door as fast as possible behind me. I ran into my bathroom grabbing a lighter from one of my drawers in my vanity, I unbuttoned my jeans sliding them down slightly as I sat against my tub. I flicked the zippo lighter open as rubbed my thumb over the previous burn marks.

I felt tears start streaming down my face, I held the lighter closer and closer till my skin till I felt it burn. The pain took my mind off the pain I had felt from my moms passing, I finally relaxed and the tears stop, I was focusing on a different pain. It wasn't right but it helped.

My bathroom door opened slowly and Noah and Raedyn came in.

Shiz.
_____________________________________
Word count: 1191

Yes I had a Ginny and Georgia reference in there, it was the only thing I could think of 😅

Xoxo - M 🤍