Chapter 5

Mondays, just love them!

I had showered five minutes ago and blow dried my hair, I was now straightening my hair so I looked presentable. I sectioned my hair and sprayed heat protectant every layer, then straightening.

I brushed out my hair to rid of any tangles left, running oil through it to make sure I didn't burn it completely. I wanted to curl it but I was I also was on a time crunch.

I next did my makeup starting with concealer under my eyes then blending it out with a beauty blender. I then took my big floofy brush and placed some blush on my cheeks, blending it out. I took a white waterline pencil and placed a little in my inner eye crease placing shimmer eye shadow over it. Finishing my makeup with mascara, I ran out of my bathroom spraying some perfume and deodorant on.

I grabbed my backpack from by my desk and I ran down the stairs seeing my dad in the car, my brother was still getting ready, that meant I got shotgun! I climbed into the passenger seat and said good morning to my dad pulling my phone out to play on TikTok.

The hum of the car and warm air blowing through the vents are all I can hear or feel in the front passenger seat. I'm waiting on my brother impatiently and I think so is my dad, "Where's your brother?" He asks somewhat sternly.

"How would I know." I respond.

I had texted Noah twenty two times in the past twelve hours, each text was another read receipt. Raedyn finally walked out the front door after I put my phone down checking to see if he responded but yet again nothing.

"Glad you guys waited for me!" She states, smirking at me and our father through the rear view mirror, my dad smiles shakes his head, "your fine bud, we got like 45 minutes."

"Oh ya, about that extra time...can we swing by Noah's house and give him a ride to school?"

I turn back and glare at him and he mouths, 'sorry', I turned back in my seat and sigh as my dad drives away from our house towards his. "Sure that doesn't seem like it will be a problem, he lives fairly close."

I could not be more upset about the fact that he is tagging along, he has been ignoring me for close to three days now and I did nothing wrong which is what upsets me.

After a couple minutes we pull into Noah's driveway, "Text him to let em' know we're here." My dad ordered Raedyn. Seconds later Noah walks out of the house, oh my goodness...

He looked like he hadn't slept in days, his hair was messy, his shirts were loose, he had dark circles under his eyes, and he was slugged looking. He froze in his doorway when he spotted me, I quickly looked away when I locked eyes, I looked down at my phone in my lap and sighed as he came towards the car and got in behind my dad.

I stayed silent and looked down at my feet the whole time, I didn't want to look at him or interact with him. "Hey, Row let's go we're here." Raedyn called out to me. I grabbed my backpack from the floor, threw it on my back, and went inside to find my friends.

The bell rung shortly after I found my friends and I made small conversation with them. I walked off to my first period, I started cramping badly but I just shifted around in my seat to avoid them, although I felt a pair of eyes stare me down the whole time.

Noah's.

The whole period I couldn't stop thinking about the possibilities as to why he was ignoring me. My thoughts were interrupted by the bell, I gathered my notebook and pencil to put in my backpack and headed off towards second period.

The cramps really started hitting, again I just ignored them and tried to endure the pain. Art was my next period, it was my favorite class of the day. I sat down and Noah was seated next to me, I didn't want to look up at him but when I started to get the chills and I didn't have anything to keep warm I whispered behind him, "Hey, can I borrow your hoodie?" I gently asked.

He reached to his bag where his hoodie was, pulled it out, and without looking at me he handed me it. I slipped it on and continued with the lesson, my cramps were starting to hit badly. I reached into my bag and tried to quietly grab out two Advil's, I grabbed my water bottle and downed the medicine.

The bell rang, finally, I stood up and grabbed my bag throwing it on. I was thrown off when my vision became staticy, you know like static on a TV. I couldn't see straight anymore and my ears filled with ringing. I reached for Noah's arm and tried to grasp onto him, "Oh my god, I feel like I'm gonna pass out." I told him over and over, he became more alert of my unsteadiness.

"Hang on, I'll go tell the teacher." He quickly walked towards the teacher as I sat down trying to catch my breath as I was now sweating. He came back over and helped me back up grabbing my bag off of my back and guiding me towards the nurses office. I clinged onto his arm for dear life wanting nothing more than to collapse, when we reached the office I fell and everything went dark.

I awoke with Raedyn and my dad by my side in the nurse's office, I searched for Noah but was nowhere to be found. My dad helped me up and Raedyn helped me out to my father's car, easiung me in my seat. He climbed into the backseat and my dad got ready to drive home, I was fighting to stay awake in the front seat on the way home.

We arrived after a few short minutes and Raedyn quickly ran to my side helping me up to my room, "Row, you look whiter than a ghost." I was slightly alarmed by this but I was too tired to care, "When was the last time you ate?" He asked me as we reached my room.

I opened the door and ran to my bed, climbing under the blankets, "I don't know, like yesterday." He sighed heavily at my response, he didn't say anymore but instead just left my room so I could sleep.

My eyes felt so heavy, but I wanted to text Noah and thank him for helping me to the office but before I could I fell asleep. It felt so nice to finally rest my eyes, I knew I needed to thank him but that could wait.
_____________________________________
Word count: 1166

Should I add an Instagram chapter like the last book?? Lol the next chapter will be the dance!!!

Xoxo - M🤍