Chapter 8

The traffic was horrible and I had to drive my car which I hadn't drove in forever.

It took me about an hour to get there but once I pulled up to the party it was overflowing with kids my age. And at this point I was two hours late...

I put my car in park and took my keys out throwing them into my small purse. I got out of my car and headed towards the front door, which was open. I walked in and instantly spotted Maddie, I walked over to her and embraced her in a hug, I swear she was more drunk but I didn't care.

"Where's Alana?" I questioned, and she smirked, "She ran off with her boyfriend." She whispered in my ear.

"Boyfriend? Who?" I asked not knowing who she was referring to.

"Oh you know, Garret." She smiled and Raedyn came over, picked her up and headed for the door, "C'mon Maddie, your wasted. Let's go home."

Maddie was hung over his shoulders and was yelling bye to everyone. I couldn't help but laugh at how she was seriously drunk.

I walked over to the counter with some of our other friends and smiled at them all fake when they were chugging beer. I hated to get drunk or even drink since moms passing, it hurt to know someone who was drunk killed her.

"Hey sweetheart, have this." One of Garrets jockey friend told me, as he was trying to hand me a beer that was clearly laced with something, "No thanks." I politely told him smiling, "Awe c'mon don't bug out, just drink it." He smirked, "No I don't want to!" I said sternly.

"Just drink it!" He demanded, I grew scared of I'm being honest, but noah stepped in before either of us could say anymore, "She said no!"

He threw a good punch at his face and I gasped, "Noah!! Stop!" I yelled as he was now on top of him punching his face bloody, Asher came up behind me and pulled me away from the fight as Noah's friends pulled him off the guy.

I ran upstairs into the bathroom and locked myself in, I slumped down trying to catch my breath as to why he would do such a thing for me, to protect me.

I soon got back up and looked at myself in the mirror, making sure I looked presentable. I wiped any excess mascara from under my eyes and walked out of the bathroom and down the stairs.

I found my way over to Asher who was Garrets brother, he was sitting down on the couch with Noah near him along with his big group of friends, "hey boys." I smirked as I sat down next to Asher.

"Hey." They all smirked back at me. I smiled and made myself comfortable in between Asher and another kid. Noah couldn't keep his eyes off me which I loved how jealous he was getting, but I also didn't want to give him the attention he wanted.

I mean Sawyer was a douche but Asher wasn't, he lost his sister to suicide around the same time I lost my mom, I was super close with his sister before she and my mother died. I hadn't seen Asher in months up until now.

Seeing as how Noah was getting more mad I decided to throw in a curveball, I leaned over to whisper in his ear, "You know, you are looking really, really good tonight." I told him smiling to which he smiled and wrapped his arm around me.

Noahs face grew angry, I pulled out my phone and opened my contacts, typed in Asher's name, and handed him my phone to put his number in. He typed it in and handed me my phone back, I looked up and smiled at him.

I spent the next hour laughing, telling and listening to everyone's jokes. I had grown tired and I layed my head down on Asher's shoulder, I nuzzled into his side more, expecting him to push me away. I waited for him to shoo me off but when I nearly fell asleep he gripped onto me tighter.

I woke up fully as his gripped tightened and looked up at him, I decided it was getting late since it was 11:30, I got up and grabbed my purse leaning down kissing Asher's cheek. He stood up behind me, "I'll walk you out." He smiled grabbing my hand, when I looked over at Noah he was glaring at me, I smiled at him and Walked away towards the door.

Asher opened the front door for me closing it behind us, I felt a chill brush over me and I headed towards my car, to where he opened my door for me and helped me in.

"Thank you." I smiled towards him fumbling for my keys in my purse, "Your welcome." He responded, I started my car and looked at him again with my window rolled down. We locked eyes and the tension built up so much, "Your pretty." He smirked, I giggled to myself.

"I better get going, my brother isn't the greatest at covering for me, especially having to deal with Maddie."

"Yeah, ok. Call me or text me whenever." He smiled and walked back inside, the butterflies in my stomach were erupting tremendously right now. I smiled to myself and a rush of happiness came over me.

I put my car in reverse and drove towards my house, stopping by Starbucks to get a coffee to drown out the alcohol that was barely there at this point.

I arrived home about fifteen minutes later and turned my headlights off so my father wouldn't see me pulling in. I turned my car off when my phone started ringing, "Hello?" I asked, without reading the caller ID.

"Hello gorgeous!" Noah said, I could tell he was more drunk than ever, "How drunk are you?" I questioned, letting my head fall back on my seat.

"You know I've had like 6, 3, sev...8, 15, 10 drinks." He slurred his speech and I could hear everyone laughing around him which made him laugh.

"Do you need me to come get you?"

"No sweetheart I'm fine, but if you want to, be my guest." I could hear his smile turn into a smirk as he again started laughing.

"Are you still at Garrets?" I sighed.

"Mhm." He responded, "Right where I was when you were all over Asher."

Is this why he's so drunk?! Because of how jealous he was!

"K." I told him before hanging up and throwing my phone down into my cup holder, I layed my head on the steering wheel in frustration. Soon enough I turned my car back on and drove back to Garrets place.

When I pulled up Noah was stumbling out of the house with a blunt in his hand. I got out and walked straight over to him grabbing his face to see how bad he was. His eyes were bloodshot and watery, he reeked of alcohol, and he was swaying a lot.

"No no you shoudlnt be here I'm fine." He said in a quiet voice.

"Clearly your not!" I yelled back, "Mamas mad." He turned back looking to his friends and laughing, I punched his chest as hard as I could causing him to  take a shallow breath.

He glared down at me, but then bursted out laughing, "What is wrong with you?!" I screamed slapping his face. I yanked his arm towards my car and walked over to the passenger side dragging him behind me, "Sit." I ordered, opening my door, and pointing to the seat.

He climbed in with my help, and I buckled him up. I ran to the driver side and jumped in, starting my car and driving away.
_____________________________________
Word count: 1316

Ok so a semi big plot twist is coming up...

Xoxo - M 🤍