Chapter 3

I could see them look me dead in the eyes at the sight of the lighter burning my skin, and the other burns. I swiftly got up and pulled my jeans up, tossing the lighter in the drawer.

"Rowyn...what were you just doing?" Noah softly asked me.

I tried to walk past them ignoring their questioning but it was no use. They're both way stronger than me.

"Nothing, it was nothing." I scrambled trying to find things to say.

Raedyn was speechless and he went and sat on my bed, "Is this about mom?"

Noah looked confused as ever, "What happened to your mom?" He asked as nice as possible to not set off any more emotions.

"She died a little over a year ago... Rowyn took it the hardest." It hurt to hear Raedyn finally admit it to himself for the first time that she's actually gone, but it was also relieving.

I slumped down onto my bed, wanting nothing more than to just disappear. "Oh wow I'm so sorry guys that must be hard." He actually sounded sympathetic and I realized how...nice he can be.

He came over and sat next to me on the bed, I looked up at him confused as to why he's making this a pity party. "I'm so sorry Rowyn, but what were you doing in the bathroom before we got there?"

"Yeah, what is going on row?" Raedyn chimed in.

I had never told anyone about my self harm before, I always thought I should keep it to myself. Without thinking I pulled down my jeans again and it revealed my marks on my thighs.

I sighed wanting to let the flood gates open again, Noah and Raedyn stared down my thigh and then up to me, they both looked at each other and sighed.

"Why Rowyn, why would you hurt yourself? I mean I get it, it's been super hard on you since mom died, but you shoulda came and talked to me! I would've helped you!" His voice started to grow louder, I wanted to argue as much as possible even though I knew I shouldn't. He couldn't possibly be mad at me for trying to ease my pain since I was the one in the car with mom when she died!

"You don't get to sit there and tell me how I shoudlnt have tried to cope with moms death! You weren't there! You didn't have to hold her in your arms while she died! I did! Raedyn, I DID! WHILE YOU WERE HERE SCREWING MADDIE!"

They both looked at me stunned, "what?!" I sternly asked as I got up and went to the bathroom to actually use the bathroom.

Shark week, great.

I walked back out after taking care of the, shark bite, noticing raedyns gone but Noah was still there. I flopped down on my bed face first into my pillows and groaned. "Ugh!! I hate being a girl." I got under my blankets and curled up into a hall.

"Are you ok Row?" Noah softly asked.

I slowly turned and looked at him, "Does it look like I'm ok?! Shouldn't you be with my brother?" I scoffed.

"Uh about that Maddie came over and they went into his room. I don't even want to know what's happening." He rolled his eyes in annoyance he was ditched by his own best friend, Perfect, I mumbled.

I suddenly got the urge to mess with Noah, why does being a girl give you so many mood swings?! I sat up and asked if he wanted to play a game, "Wanna play truth or dare?" I smirked.

His eyes went big as he laughed and responded, "Sure. I'll go first." I nodded and smiled, "Rowyn, truth or dar?"

I smiled knowing the possibilities of this game, "Hmm, truth."

He thought to himself for a second, "What is the worst date you've ever been on?"

Why that question, I smiled nervously into my lap, "I've actually...never been on a date." He looked at me surprised, "Your telling me that one of the hottest chicks I know hasn't ever been on a date?"

He thinks I'm hot...?

"Yeah I guess not." I giggled.

Maddie and Raedyn had just walked into my room interrupting the party.

"Hey guys! What are we doing?" Maddie asked, I smiled and told her, "Truth or Dare, wanna play?"

"Hells yeah we do!" Raedyn answered, they sad on my bean bag in the corner of my room on one side of my door leading to my balcony. Noah then got up from the end of my bed and sat in my desk chair near my balcony door, I looked out and saw the storm was picking up. A lot!

He slumped down in the chair a little and parted his legs slightly, I felt my gaze look all around his body. He smirked.

"Ok Noah, truth or dare?" Raedyn asked.

"Dare."

This kind of made me scared because who knows what he going to tell him to do. "I dare you to send a risky text to the hottest person in this room."

He readjusted himself in my chair and pulled out his phone to start typing, "It won't send there's no service."

The storm.

"Uhh ok well then go up to the person and whisper what you were going to text them in their ear." He got up from his seat and went to whisper in my ear before he pulled away quickly.

My dads knock on my bedroom door followed by him entering turned my attention towards him, "Hey the storm is getting bad! We got all prepped for floods and stuff, but Noah and Maddie...they shut down all of the roads. Your fine staying here till it eases up, I'd rather know your safe then dead. Anyway, Raedyn and Maddie can sleep together as for Rowyn and Noah your fine to do whatever you want, and I'm heading to bed. No funny business, love you Rowyn." He smiled as he blew me a kiss.

"Love you dad!" Me and Raedyn told him, he smiled again and walked out of the room.

Noah continued to whisper in my ear but when I say I could never repeat what he told me to anyone I mean if I did it could ruin his rep.

"I think we're going to draw out of this game and call it a night guys." Raedyn said as he lifted Maddie who was half asleep and carried her to his room

"Night bro." I called out and he whispered back, "Night sis." As he shut my door behind him.

Noah went to the bean bag where they just were, I tossed him a blanket so he wouldn't get cold, "thanks Rowyn."

"Welcome." I shortly responded, I lay in bed thinking about wether I truly liked him or not. A tear fell down my face, I sniffed and wiped it away.

~

For the past 2 hours I've been tossing and turning and it felt impossible to sleep, with the wind whistling outside from the tropical storm, and the thought of Noah. "Noah." I whispered.

"Noah." I whispered louder, still nothing.

"Noah." I said in a normal tone but still a little quiet.

He hummed half asleep, "I can't sleep." I softly said, "it's ok princess it's just a storm."

If only he knew.

"I really can't sleep though, I hate storms." He got up still tired and asleep before he climbed into my bed and held me close to his chest.

He was warm, like being outside on a warm summer day when your cold. He held me and stroked my hair humming me to sleep.

"It's ok beautiful, go to sleep your ok. I got you."

I wanted to melt when he said, I got you. I knew he wanted to protect me. I couldn't like him though! He's my brothers best friend and he might just kill me if I told him I liked him!!

Why Noah, why?!
_____________________________________
Word count: 1344

I've wanted to get this chapter put up for a couple of days now but I've been so busy and I've had serious sitters !! So here it is!! :)

Xoxo - M 🤍