Chapter 6

Time skip: 4 days

I started to do my makeup in preparation for the dance tonight, I had spent the past week with sawyer growing closer to him. I hadn't noticed him before and the fact he was kinda cute to be honest, up until now of course. He was somewhat excited to go to the dance with me, we had matching outfits, and we had spent the entire day today together which I think it's called a day date before the dance or something like that.

Noah, on the other hand...was still ignoring all of my texts and my calls. He wouldn't tell me what I did wrong, if I did anything for that matter. I had no clue if I was going to see him tonight, but I honestly stopped caring when he stopped caring for me. He cut me out completely, wouldn't even look at me during class and tried any and everything he could do to avoid me.

I had got lost in thoughts and was interrupted of thinking when Sawyer walked in, his tall figure leaned against my bathroom door frame, he stared at me and watched my every move, "Your so beautiful." He told me in a soft voice.

He came over to me and placed his hands on my shoulders rubbing down my arms, he leaned over towards me more and kissed my shoulder, almost my neck.

"Make sure you cover it properly." He told me deeply, before quickly walking out of the bathroom.

Tears began to flood my eyes as I looked myself in the mirror and took in the black eye he had given me the other night. I covered it as best I could and it wasn't noticeable from what I could tell.

When I had put my makeup away and plugged in my curling iron I heard Alan burst through my bedroom door and announce her presence. I walked out and smiled towards her giving her a huge hug.

We walked back into my bathroom to curl each other's hair and talk about anything we could think of.

Around fifteen minutes later, "All done! Time to put on our dresses!!" Alana excitedly announced to me in the mirror. I smiled, stood up, and walked towards my bed where I had both of our dresses layed out.

Sawyer was playing on his phone sitting in my desk chair. He looked me up and down, said nothing, and went back to doing whatever was on his phone. I noticed how he didn't even acknowledge me in my dress, I sighed at the thought maybe no one cared.

My dress was a white and blue sequin dress that had a slit about half way up the thigh, and Alan's dress was a white cream ish color and it had designs all along it. They were gorgeous! I was so in love!!

"You good to go?" I questioned Alana, she had chose to go with Talon, Sawyer's best friend surprisingly enough.

"Yeah! I'm pretty sure he's here!" She smiled as she grabbed her clutch, told me goodbye, air kissed me on the cheek, and walked out to be with Talon.

I grabbed my phone which was charging and threw it in my clutch, along with some other necessities I would most likely be needing throughout the night. I walked out of my room before I checked myself out in the mirror making sure I didn't miss anything or needed to fix anything.

Sawyer walked out in front of me smiling and linking arms as we were ready to leave. I shut my door behind me heading downstairs to see my dad, my grandpa, my grandma Laura, and my younger brother Forest.

I didn't know they were coming over...

I smiled as I reach the top of the stairs into their viewpoint and they looked me up and down studying my gorgeous dress, "Wow...honey you look so beautiful." My father told me looking like he was going to let a tear slip through his eyes.

I smiled and thanked him, my brother and Maddie soon approached behind me as I reached the front door, I slipped my heels on and walked out not caring what they had to say about him.

Sawyer opened the front door for me and also his car door, I climbed in not smiling.

Noah
Today 5:43 PM

Hey, I'm going to the
dance. If your going
to be  there I want to
talk to you.
Read 5:45 PM

Can he just like stop leaving me on read?!

The rain started to lightly fall on the windows in the car and I constantly was checking my phone to see if there were any new messages. Nothing.

I sighed in relief when we pulled up to our high school. I got out and grabbed my clutch getting ready to have a fun night. Sawyer walked over to me and linked arms again, we walked up the main steps and entered the doors to reveal a photo area before we entered. We stopped and smiled to take a photo, I don't get how he could act so fake.

We continued on into the gym after getting our photo taken, and instantly I seen my friends. I tried to release myself from his grip and to my friends but he just left a mark which was probably going to bruise later on. "Ow, let me go." I ordered.

"No. I want you with me." He demanded, I could see the rage building in his eyes. I eased up since I had jo choice and just clinged to his side the next while.

A slow song came on and Sawyer dragged me to the dance floor and had me dance with him. After a minute I spotted Noah alone in the corner sipping on what I think was alcohol, I wasn't sure. He looked as though he was growing agitated, he clenched his jaw and threw his drink into a garbage van near by, then came charging towards me.

He yanked me away from Sawyer and dragged my into the hallway where no one was. "What the hell Noah?!" I scoffed.

He brushed his hair back with his hand and pinned me against a wall with one hand on one of my shoulders and the other on the wall next to my face.

He didn't say anything, just stared me in the eyes with pure hatred. I tried to yank myself away but he just yelled for me to stop, that's when I manned up.

"No! You know what Noah?! You don't get to ignore me for a week straight with no explanation, and then get jealous I asked someone to the dance and actually came with them! I am not dealing with your crap tonight!! You've been avoiding me every time I come near you! Why?! Noah! Why?!" I was yelling at this point but it felt good to scream at him with anger.

I was so furious with him! He acts like I am the one in the wrong!

"Look I'm sorry, I- I swear I have a perfectly good reason for ignoring you but I can't tell you. Just please know I'm truly sorry and never meant to hurt you. Please forgive me." I knew was sorry but I was still mad at him.

"Look cmon I'll take you home and we'll watch...whatever show you watch ok? Let's ditch this dance, it's lame anyway."

I wanted nothing more than to get away from Sawyer, "ok! Let's go before Sawyer catches us!" I slipped my heels off and looked back to see Sawyer stumbling into the halls looking for me. We looked at each tiger as we were running and laughed as we headed towards the doors.

We had lost Sawyer and we were locked into his car gasping for air while laughing harder than we ever have. "Ready to go?" I asked him and he nodded and smiled starting the car. We blasted music and vibed with each other.

After close to five songs had come and gone I layed my head back on the seat closing my eyes. I had fallen asleep here and there but I was still alert of everything.

"SHIT!" Noah yelled, I looked up in panic and before I knew it everything went into slow motion. The car was swerving as another car came head onto us but ended up hitting Noah's side.

The impact felt like the crash from when my mom died.

The car rolled and flipped upside down in the ditch...
_____________________________________
Word count: 1437

Well....this probably wasn't what you had in mind lol but I promise it will get better :)

Xoxo - M 🤍