𝙘𝙝. 𝙯𝙚𝙧𝙤 - 𝙬𝙝𝙤𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚

"Wait, let me get this straight — you'd pick Jamie Lee Curtis over Heather Lagenkamp to be your final girl? Seriously Randy?" Sybil asked in disbelief as she walked with Randy — the two worked at a local movie rental store and were currently stocking the shelves with new tapes that had just arrived.

"Yeah, as always." Randy replied, grabbing a tape and putting it on the shelf as he did. "Okay, list three reasons why Jamie's your go-to final girl." Sybil challenged — her eyes looking at him intently. Randy rolled his own eyes before counting, "One; she's a hottie, two; she's escaped and beaten Micheal freakin' Myers multiple times, and three; she's smart and knows how to strategize."

Sybil scoffed, "First off, one doesn't count, two is iffy since Micheal is a human—" Randy jumped in quickly, "Technically superhuman." Sybil ignored him and continued, "And three, just cause she's survived Micheal and learned how to use weapons — doesn't mean she's smart — remember, she didn't even check to make sure Micheal was dead in the first movie!" The girl exclaimed — making some customers look over in annoyance.

Randy waved her statement away and continued to stock the shelves. After a few minutes, Randy spoke, "Why would you pick Heather?" Sybil sighed with a smile before replying, "Well...Heather had to go against a literal dream demon, she defeated Freddy in the first movie, and she had to end up facing him in real life along with saving her son from him — well, in New Nightmare she did." Randy shook his head before he retaliated, "Well — she did die in the third movie."

"That doesn't count since the rest of the franchise went downhill before redeeming itself with New Nightmare." Randy smiled at her words. Hearing Sybil talk so passionately about movies — especially horror — was like a lullaby to him. The two continued stocking the shelves in a comfortable silence before they heard the bell above the front door ding. Making himself known, Stu Macher — one of Sybil's close friends and Randy's beacon of hatred — walked in before yelling loudly, "What's up mama?"

It was a pet name, a friendly and annoying one, that Stu used when addressing Sybil most of the time. The curly haired girl laughed at his words as she spoke without needing to look behind her to see that the lanky boy was following her closely, "Hi Stu — come to rent a tape?" As she said this, she held out a copy of The Exorcist for Stu to look at.

Taking it from her hand — he responded, "Nah, just wanted to see if you wanted to come hang out with me, Billy, Tatum, and Sid." Sybil stopped placing the tapes on the shelves before speaking, "Sure, but, only if Randy can come."

Whining as if he were a child, Stu huffed in annoyance, "Fine, I guess he can come if it'll make you happy." Sybil smiled as she gave a secret wink to Randy before placing the final tape on the shelf. "Well, you are just in luck Macher — we're now on a break." Randy's brows quirked. "No we are—"

Before he could finish his sentence, Sybil pulled him away from the cart by grabbing hold of his wrist. Randy hoped that Sybil didn't see — but the tips of his ears were now a shade of pink — he especially hoped Stu wouldn't see since the teasing would be relentless from him.

"Come on Randy, it'll be fine — you know the boss thinks I'm his favorite employee." With a sigh, the teen let his friend drag him out the door. Oh — if only Sybil knew that Randy would do anything for her.

—🔪—

Spending the night alone was always the usual in the Rosemary household. Sybil's older brother — Daniel — usually went out partying until five in the morning only to come home in the car of strangers that he considered friends. It was twelve at night and Sybil decided to watch one of her favorite movies — Hellraiser. Sure, she had a soft spot for the second one — but it could never beat the first one. Plus, she found herself relating to Kirsty.