𝙘𝙝. 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚 - 𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙧

Sybil and Daniel had both spent the night in the hospital. Daniel had been rushed into surgery and needed to be watched as he lost a lot of blood. He was asleep, the only indication he wasn't dead was the sounds of the machines keeping him alive and breathing. Sybil's arms had been bandaged up and so had her head — a small piece of gauze covering a cut she ended up getting when she fell on the ground. She couldn't sleep knowing that there was someone out there who had attacked her and her brother — who tried to kill her. A knock from the door made her jump, Dewey stood in the doorway with a sympathetic smile on his face. "Hey Sybil. How're you holding up?" With a sigh, she shrugged, "I'm okay I guess."

Dewey nodded, "Can I come in?" Sybil nodded and Dewey stepped into the room — he looked over at Daniel with a pained expression, he had talked to him a few times, he knew Daniel was a good person — he didn't deserve to be attacked, neither of them did. Sybil was in her head, she didn't even realize when Dewey had sat down next to her, "I'm glad you two are okay." Sybil gave him a tired smile, "Me too." She looked at Daniel again. "Are you sure you didn't find anyone in the house?" That was the question she had been aching to ask. The sigh that came from Dewey gave her the final answer. "I'm sorry Sybil," he paused, "but, I think I might know why we didn't find anyone." Sybil looked at him with a curious expression, "What? What's your theory?"

"Sidney was attacked too. A few minutes after you did." Sybil's eyes widened, "Oh my god, is she okay?" Dewey nodded, "She is, don't worry. She's staying with us." Sybil nodded, "Did you find anyone? Catch the guy?" Dewey sighed as he leaned a bit closer to Sybil, "We caught Billy Loomis in her room, seconds after she was attacked." Now that — was a shocker. "What? No, Billy wouldn't do that to me or Sidney, he's quiet and he's never been... like that." Sybil furrowed her brows as she thought more about it. Maybe she didn't know Billy as well as she did. Maybe he was capable of attacking someone like that. "Did you arrest him?" Dewey nodded, "We have him in holding but all we have as evidence is a phone."

A phone... like what could've been used to call Sybil. "Did Sid say someone had called her first?" Dewey nodded, Sybil placed her head in her hands as she let out a shaky breath, "Oh fuck." Dewey placed a comforting hand on her back, "We have a lead at least.. I'll let you know if anything happens." Dewey stood up, "I can go pick up your school stuff from your house and if you want you can stay with us." Sybil shook her head, "I'd appreciate that Dewey but I don't need to stay at your place, I'll call Randy." Dewey nodded, "Okay, you're welcome anytime." Sybil gave him a smile, "Thanks Dewey."

—🔪—

Sybil had wandered around the hospital before she found the front desk, "Excuse me, do you have a phone I can use?" The nurse behind the desk looked up at her — she was at most sixty and she was definitely tired of her job. "Phone's over there." She pointed at the phone that hung on the wall. Sybil nodded a thanks and walked over to it. Dialing Randy's number quickly, she silently pleaded that he would answer even if it was eleven at night. Surprisingly, he picked up not even after one ring, "Hello?" He sounded worried. "Randy?" Sybil couldn't help the waterworks as she spoke. "Holy fucking shit, you scared me to death. You weren't answering my calls I almost drove to your house." Randy said making Sybil laugh before sniffling, "You were right." Randy was silent for a second before he spoke, "About what?"

"The guy on the phone, he attacked me and my brother and I should've just reported it when I could've and now I'm in the hospital." She cried — breaths short and quick as she sobbed. "Are you okay? Is your brother okay? I'm coming to get you right now." Randy spoke quickly and the fact he was coming to pick her up — it made her smile, "I'm okay, Daniel's okay.. he got stabbed." Randy cursed on the other end, "But we're okay now. I'll wait in the lobby for you." Sybil said and Randy sighed, "Okay, I'll be there, I'll try not to speed." That made her laugh and it was clear that, that was Randy's intention. "Okay I'm on my way now, see you soon." Sybil said a goodbye before she hung up as well. Looking over at the few chairs in the lobby, the one closest to the door had a bag in it — her school bag. A note from Dewey was on it, just saying that this was her bag and to give it to her.