𝙘𝙝. 𝙩𝙬𝙤 - 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩'𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙛𝙖𝙫𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙨𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙮 𝙢𝙤𝙫𝙞𝙚?

Randy and Sybil both drove to Blockbuster after school — Randy lecturing Sybil during the way on why she should tell the police what had happened last night. "Come on Sybil! You could've been like Casey, gotten killed — gutted!" Sybil rolled her eyes as she put on her name tag and vest for work, "I would've been able to handle it, don't worry about it. It was probably just a prank call." Randy sighed as he turned the car off and put his keys in his pocket, "Fine, fine! It's not like there's plenty of movies that are like that, that end in death." Both of the teens get out of the car and walk into the store.

—🔪—

"Oh really? Name one." Sybil challenged as the two walked to the storage room to grab the cart of VHS tapes. Randy stopped in his tracks and looked at her, "Black Christmas." Sybil went to speak but stopped before huffing — this made Randy giggle as he pushed the door open with his back. Sybil followed after him, pushing his head slightly before grabbing the cart — she went to push it but Randy stopped her by stepping in front of it, the door closed behind him. "I can name some more just to prove that you should be taking this more seriously than you are right now." Sybil sighed, "Fine, name another one." It was as if Randy was just bursting at the seams if he couldn't name another movie, "When a Stranger Calls." He blurted.

Sybil scoffed a laugh before nodding — her lips forming a thin line as she closed her eyes — "Okay Randy, you got me. I guess I'll make a report," Randy cheered a bit too early as Sybil continued, "tomorrow." Randy looked at her, "Why not tonight? Right now even? I'll drive you." Sybil pushed the cart slightly and Randy moved out of the way. Pushing the door open with the cart, Sybil looked at him, "Oh Randy, Randy, Randy. It's okay — I'll just do it tomorrow, I'm sure the weirdo won't call me again and we'll forget all about this." She continued walking, leaving Randy standing there, "But... what if he does?"

—🔪—

Randy had dropped off Sybil at her house, not before he locked the car doors and faced her. "Are you sure you don't want me to stay the night?" Sybil faced him with a smile, "Randy, I assure you — I'll be okay. Plus... I think my brothers home." Randy was clearly still worried so Sybil placed a comforting hand on his shoulder, "I'll be okay, call me when you get home." Randy nodded at her words before he unlocked the doors. Sybil placed a kiss on his cheek before opening her door and getting out, "Thanks for the ride home." Randy nodded at her, "Of course." Sybil closed the door — pulling the strap of her bag up on her shoulder she watched as Randy drove off before she turned on her heel and walked to her door.

But, she stopped in her tracks.

The sound of a rustle from a few bushes nearby made her jump, "Shit!" She exclaimed loud enough to cause the dogs next door to start barking. Taking a look around, Sybil's paranoia heightened as the wind blew a shiver down her spine. Her hands worked quickly as she went to her front door and bent down to grab the key under the rug, "Come on, come on." She mumbled over and over — the key seemed to purposely avoid the lock — Sybil glanced behind her as she heard another sound. Her focus returned back to the key and finally it entered the lock. She turned the key and pulled the door open before running into her house. "Fuck."

The door slammed behind her, "Dan?" Sybil called out — no answer — "Daniel you home?" A minute passed before a groan came from the living room. Sybil's brows furrowed as she dropped her bag and ran to the living room. Urgency was the only thing Sybil felt, "Daniel?" Sybil called out and her shoulders relaxed as she saw her brother on the couch, probably high out of his mind. He wore a band tee and boxers, both of which were stained. "Oh good... you're alive." She sighed in relief making Daniel giggle in return. "Still alive and kicking, much to your chagrin." He shrugged with a stoned smile. Sybil crossed her arms, "It's a relief you dingus." Walking out of the living room, Sybil headed to the kitchen to get a glass of water.