52

"I don't wanna talk about this!" Ava shouted and turned her head towards the other side, she was dressed in a hospital gown and lying on the hospital bed in a VIP room, surrounded by people

After Davis found her lying limply on the washroom floor, covered in bruises. He hurriedly brought her to the hospital.

"That's not how it works Ava, you're in a fucking hospital. Who did this to you?" Mrs Jones questioned between sobs. She was glad that none for the injuries were serious but they were bruises and cuts nonetheless.

"No one did! Leave me alone." Ava cried loudly.

"No! You don't need to be afraid Ava, they'll be dealt with. You just need to state their names." Mr. Jones couldn't hold back and said.

"It's my fucking fault! This is karma! I'm not afraid," Ava at this point broke into a sob as well.

"Please don't overwhelm the patient, she'll probably state their names later." Doctor Ryan  tried to diffuse the situation and calm down both sides. He ushered Mr. and Mrs. Jones out of the room.

"Why does my daughter have to go through this again and again," Mrs. Jones started sobbing as soon as she came out of the ward, her hand clutched her chest tightly as if she was finding it hard to breathe.

"Aunty you and uncle should go rest, it must have been draining. I'll stay here and make sure she's okay," Felix who was also here from the very beginning, comforted the Jones parents.

"It's not draining, I'm just angry! How dare they lay their hands on my daughter! I'll destroy them!" Mrs. Jones whispered.

"That we will, the police and the university is already involved. They won't be able to get away." This this it was Mr. Jones who loudly stated his agreement.

Felix again comforted both of the parents and escorted them to the elevator.

After escorting them away, he entered the ward with a heavy sign. He was fuming from the inside, he wanted to break and ruin those people who did this to Ava but he had to control himself because it was not the right time.

The came to the stool beside hospital bed and sat down in a gloomy mood.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there, I should have been there." Felix whispered to Ava, his voice was heavy and laced with sadness.

"I think you should leave," Ava quickly turned her face to the other side, away from him.

"Huh?"

"I look ugly and bruised,"

After a few moments of silence, Felix chuckled and grabbed Ava's hands. He held her hands making sure that his warmth was felt by her.

"You still look like the most beautiful person I've ever seen," a whispered filled the void.