88

"Are you sure it is true?" Gina looked at her Manager excitedly

"Are you sure it is true?" Gina looked at her Manager excitedly. She couldn't believe her ears and all she wanted to do was to jump up and down from joy.

"Yeah, you are going to meet the young CEO of Lu conglomerate, they have invited us to the 76th floor and the whole 76th floor belongs exclusively to CEO" Manager Zhang spoke excitedly as she pushed back her glasses with her index finger and scrunched up her face to adjust the glasses on top of her nose. Sister Zhang was a single woman in her early thirties. She was fairly new to the whole artist manager thing but her talent and management skills were on par with an experienced artist manager. She has a bubbly and cheeky personality but always got the work done efficiently. Plus saw Gina like her elder sister.

"...wow" a dreamy look came onto Gina's face.

"I know right but the thing is...they won't offer us any contract right now, they're just considering letting us endorse the mobile phone range." Seeing her expression, sister Zhang gave her heads up. Sister Zhang did not want her to have too many expectations out of this. According to her sources, the Lu conglomerate was also looking for a popular actress overseas to endorse her product.

"It's alright. I'm confident that we'll get the endorsement," Gina nodded her head with optimism. Seeing the bright smile on her face, sister Zhang couldn't help but shake her head helplessly. There was a pampering look on sister Zhang's face.

"Yeah."

"You should wear something sexy, what if we meet the CEO there?" sister Zhang squealed and swayed her hips rhythmically.

Sister Zhang knew that Gina had a crush on Alexander Lu and the tiny blush on Gina's cheeks made her even more sure that it was possible.

"Sister Zhang, you know I'm not like that," Gina tried to refute the statement dismissively.

"I know I know, you are a good girl," sister Zhang decided to cut the little girl off some slacks.

After around two hours, both of the ladies arrived at the headquarters of Lu conglomerate together. Gina wore a white sundress that made her appear fresh and youthful. It came just above her knees, leaving her soft legs on display. Her legs were slender yet not bony. A simple white sandal was enclosed around her small feet and softly stepped on the marble floor as she walked.

"Good morning miss Gina Chen and miss Zhang" as soon as they went in, an assistant at the front desk welcomed them and greeted them. Gina was by now one of the most popular actresses so the assistant recognized her in no time.

"Good morning," Gina replied softly as the assistant escorted them to the 76th floor and then guided them toward a general conference room. This confused Gina and sister Zhang because they were anticipating that the assistant would take them to CEO's room but the 76th floor was as vast as all of the other floors and around a dozen employees were working on the 76th floor.

All of these people were assistants and junior assistants of the assistants. The 76th floor also had an office of the general manager.

"Please wait here, our executives would be here anytime soon," the assistant bowed politely and then she turned on her heels.

"Excuse me, the CEO won't attend the meeting?" sister Zhang quickly interrupted the assistant and asked the question she was so serious about.

"Well CEO has other obligations that came up so he will not be attending this meeting but your senior executives will connect with you miss Zhang," after the question was asked, the assistant's smile turned a little superficial but it was still so polite that none of the two ladies noticed. CEO had many things to do, why would he stay and converse with them? Did it make sense?

"Alright thank you," sister Zhang quickly understood the situation and tactically nodded with a polite now as well.

The two sat down and waited for an executive as the minute's hand of the clock made eight elegant swirls on the elegant white background. Gina looked outside through the see-through glass door and found a few people leaving while chatting. She raised an eyebrow in confusion and gently stood up from her seat and made her way outside. Apparently, it was the lunchtime and people were leaving towards the canteen.

"I'll go to the washroom real quick," she left an explanation and exited the conference room, leaving sister Zhang in the room.

Gina walked elegantly in the corridor as her eyes gazed at the empty cabins and half-empty floor. Her walk looked so confident that everyone who saw her felt like she knew what she was doing so they left her alone. Among this group of people, a newly joined Junior assistant stared at the person she admired and who was her idol. She sneakily took out her phone and sneakily clicked a couple of pictures before nonchalantly leaving towards the elevator.

Gina walked towards a large cabin and looked into it through a narrow glass-like pillar. The inside felt different from her expectations. It was very simple and from what she can see the inside was very spacious yet lacked enough furniture. Before she could proceed any further, n woman in her early forties with formal work clothes and her hair tied in a sleek bun came and stood in front of Gina blocking her way.

"Miss Chen?" the senior assistant looked at Gina politely yet her whole aura looked meticulous and business-like. She had this no-nonsense attitude that made Gina a bit nervous.

"Ahh miss Julietta, can you please tell me where the washroom is?" Gina looked at the lady's name tag, she looked calmly as she questioned Julietta.

"Right, go towards left and straight you'll see a sign" Julietta too calmly replied and stared down at Gina until she walked away. Only then did Julietta turn back and looked at the empty CEO's office that Gina had been peeking at.

Juliette went inside Alexander's cabin to tidy it up before the CEO arrives. Gina went to the bathroom and when she returned, the senior executive was already present in the conference room.

Julietta quietly walked back to her desk outside the CEO's office and got back to her paperwork not knowing that by the evening there would be some juicy pictures on the internet along with a leading headline and speculative comments from the netizens.