𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙤

𝙋𝙞𝙡𝙤𝙩, 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙩𝙬𝙤

***

I mentally groan as my annoying alarm clock beeps repeatedly to wake me up.

Welp, time to go to my shitty school.

With a grunt, I shut my alarm off and get up, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes 

I put my ear to my door and listen closely to the outside of the hallway, sighing in relief when it was quiet.

I get ready for the day and walk out of my room. As I pass the living room, I see my mother passed out on the couch with a beer bottle in hand.

Part of me hopes she has the worst hangover ever.

I yawn and walk outside for the bus.

***

Stepping off the bus, I notice Myron and Dana sticking a bunch of posters everywhere with Myron's face on them. Assuming it was just for his campaign as class president, I roll my eyes and continue. 

Like they'll even let him be president, considering what happened last time.

When I am about on the tenth floor, I spot Todd, pushing a desk through the halls. For some reason, I want to talk to him.

I guess I could just tell him I won't try anything. Make it easier for myself.

I take a deep breath and approach him. "Hey, Todd."

"Hm?" He turns around and immediately pales.

He knows.

I don't know why, but I feel a bit of. . .disappointment? Don't I want him to fear me? So he can leave faster? What the fuck is going on? It takes a bit of time for him to finally answer. 

"Oh--uh--hey. You're (Y/N), right?" Todd tries to avoid eye contact with me as he speaks.

I keep a neutral, monotone expression. "You don't have to worry about me."

"I. . .don't?" He squints his eyes, not seeming to buy it at first.

"Nope."

"O-oh. Well, that's good," Todd mutters, relaxing a bit but not letting his guard down.

There's a long, uncomfortable silence between us. In hindsight, I hadn't planned this far ahead. It is a bit out of character for me.

What the hell am I supposed to say to this kid now?

Thankfully, Todd is the one to break the silence.

"Is it true you really chased off those other kids?" This time, he looks me straight in the eye. I'm caught off guard, stammering over my words.

"W. . .well--" I take a deep breath to calm my nerves. "Yeah. It is. I know it's kinda shitty of me to do that, but I get some enjoyment out of it."

He gives me an odd look. My eyes stray away from his face to the desk he was dragging earlier. I want to change the subject, so I ask him a question before he could respond.

"What are you doing anyways?"

"Oh. I'm trying to fix up this school, starting with bringing this desk for me to sit in," Todd said quite proudly.

Good. He has an actual brain. Though, that might be a bad thing if I want to chase him out.

I huff. "Fucking finally. Someone with common sense around here. Do. . .you need any help with it?"