𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

𝙋𝙞𝙡𝙤𝙩, 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

***

Another day at Wayside.

Another day of the new kid--Todd--being here.

As Myron makes a long and drawn-out speech for his campaign as class president, I'm plotting ways to hopefully chase Todd out.

Usually, they would be begging their parents to go to a different school by now. I can't drag this on for much longer now.

It pisses me off that I haven't even started to torment him yet. I glance at Todd, sitting bored on the ground. I don't know what stopping me from chasing him out. I sigh and give my attention to Myron's speech. 

"And so my fellow Waysiders, if you elect me president, the first thing I promise to do is not faint again. Thank you." As he finishes, Dana--who is beside him--claps her hands while cheering.

The entire class is pretty much asleep by now. Maurecia decides to shout out, "Maybe you can even turn on and off the lights!"

"The what?"  The boy asks, head tilting. Dana whispers something in his ear. His eyes brighten. "Oh yes! And I'll always remember to turn on and off the. . . uh. . .oh, you know. The thinga-majigy. Keep hope alive!"

"Oh, thank you, Myron," The teacher says, "good job. Now, would anyone else like to give a campaign speech?"

The entire class, save for me and Todd, raises their hands. Ms.Jewls looks confused. "Wait, is everyone running for president?" 

The class nods their heads. As if on cue, the P.A. turns on. "This is your principal speaking." He starts to go on about running for class president in our class. I whip my head around just in time to see the walls closing in. I gulp as Todd and I share a look of worry. These walls have to be dealt with.

The ginger-headed boy waves me over and starts to make his way next to Dana's desk. The two of us crouch down next to her.

"Psst! Dana! You got to help us stop these walls," Todd whispers to her, gaining her attention. 

She simply shushes him. "Not now Todd. The principal's on the P.A." 

I groan in annoyance, gripping the bridge of my nose. "Yeah, but the principal's always on the P.A. when the walls are moving."

I cross my arms, still peeved as Todd looks around in worry. Finally, Mr.Kidswatter finishes his announcement and shuts the speakers off. The walls move back to their original spots.

That's when Dana finally turns to us. "Where you guys saying something?" 

I deadpanned and facepalm. The boy next to me is completely freaking out now. "Yes, we were saying something. Help we're doomed!" 

"Never fear, Todd and (Y/N)," Myron says, putting a reassuring arm around our shoulders. "I won't let the principal become president. I'll win this election!" He holds up peace signs as the purple-haired girl cheers. Again.

"Welp, now we are completely fucked," I say in a monotone voice.

"I'm not talking about the election, I'm talking about the walls!" Todd tells him desperately while pointing to them. 

"Are they running too?" Our teacher asks. 

"No! They're sliding. And grinding. And trying to crush us! I didn't come to this school just so I could get smushed."