𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧

𝙋𝙪𝙡𝙡 𝙈𝙮 𝙋𝙞𝙜𝙩𝙖𝙞𝙡

***

Todd and I make our way out of the bus and towards the school, chatting amongst each other.

Ever since the whole wall incident, we have become very close. Which is surprising, considering my history. Who knew that the girl that is known for chasing out new kids, would become pretty much best friends with the new kid?

Maybe it was that traumatic experience we both went through.

As we get closer to the school, Dana suddenly pops out of a bush, yelling, "Happy Valentine's Day, Todd and (Y/N)!!!"

Immediately, Todd cowers down and covers his head, bracing for whatever is coming to him.

I don't blame you, Toddster.

Though Dana is confused. "What's wrong Todd?" She asks. "You seem scared."

He straightens up, a little exasperated. "Scared? Me? No. It's just that, every time you celebrate one of these special days, something bad always happens."

"It does?" She tilts her head. "Like what?"

Todd doesn't respond and I cover my mouth to prevent me from laughing. He gives me one of those 'really?' looks.

The purple-haired girl gets the hint. "Todd, It's true. We must celebrate these special days! WE MUST! WE MUST! WE MUST!"

Wow. What a freak show.

"Because today is Valentine's Day," She continues, her voice getting more and more intense. "And how do we celebrate love, Todd? HUH TODD? HUH? HUH? TELL ME!" She foams at the mouth as I push her away.

Todd shrugs. "I don't know, some hearts and chocolate? Y'know, it's simple. And painless."

"Yes, but love isn't simple Todd. It's complicated!" She waves her arms around, frustrated. "You can't just wave a flag, or plant a tree, or laugh at someone getting zapped by a joy buzzer and then tripping over a rope and then landing on a whoopee cushion."

I snort again while Todd glares at me.

"Well, if the hearts and chocolate aren't DRAMATIC enough," I say sarcastically, "You can always have someone dress up like Cupid and shoot arrows at us!"

Dana flicks her wrist dismissively. "Oh, please. Been there, done that."

The three of us look up to see Myron--who is hanging from a tree--dressed up like Cupid and failing at shooting arrows at people.

She sighs and shakes her head. "It seems that I just can't do enough for this special day of love."

"Maybe it is just too complicated, Dana," Todd reassures her. "Y'know, it's not like you can force people to fall in love."

"Seriously, it's fucking weird," I say to her as we both walked away.

The two of us walk to the school when something catches my eye. Dana is making a heart out of her fingers while looking through it. At us.

I stop to tap the ginger's shoulder saying, "Y'know, you really shouldn't have said that."

Before I can even blink, he runs off to hide in a trash can.