𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙎𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

𝙊𝙝, 𝙂𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩 𝙇𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙧

***

(Y/N)

There my classmates and I stand--on the first floor of the school--whispering amongst each other.

It is Mr. Kidswatter's birthday, so we all decide to come early to start planning a surprise birthday for him. Normally I don't do this stuff voluntarily, but Dana practically forced me to. I still don't know how she figured out where I lived. Anyway, we are now planning the party and assigning jobs.

"Alright," Dana starts. "we all on board with the plan? Make decorations in the classroom, set them up in the gym, and somehow find a way to lure Mr.Kidswatter into the gym."

We nod in understanding. Dana then pulls out a list and starts assigning jobs to everyone. She then finally gets to me. "(Y/N), is there any way you can make a cake? I'm not sure what Kidswatter likes, so just do whatever you please."

I nod. Baking a cake shouldn't be that hard. I bet there is stuff I can use in Ms.Mush's kitchen. Edible stuff, of course. I'll just need to find them.

After assigning a job to everyone, Dana pulls out a big card from her bag. "Alright, now for the card!"

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Kidswatter walk through the door, a party hat placed neatly on the top of his head. He hums a small tune, barely noticing us until he is well past us. Hearing the whispers, the principal turns heel and stares at us with wide eyes. This makes all my peers turn and look at him with wide, suspicious smiles.

I snort and roll my eyes. "Way to be discreet, guys."

Without hesitation, Dana shushes me and immediately turns back to Kidswatter with a smile. I simply cross my arms and watch Kidswatter mumble something to Louis, who is putting stuff on a shelf. My classmates huddle up again and start talking about party plans again, shooting a couple of glances at the principal.

Once Mr.K is gone, Louis approaches us, tapping me on the shoulder. "Hey (Y/N), what's up with everyone today?

"Oh, we're just hiding something from Mr. K." I shrug nonchalantly.

Louis's eyes widen and fear overtakes his eyes. "What?! No, no, don't do that lil dudes!"

Dana pulls out the card that was hidden behind her back. "But it's a birthday card! And there's a big surprise party for him at the gym later. It's going to be the best day of the whole school year for him!"

Louis shoots an unsure glance at me. I give him a 'just go with it' look. I share the same doubts as Louis, but I'm just going to let them have this.

***

Back on the thirtieth floor of the classroom, we are lined up to sign the birthday card for Kidswatter. Well--my classmates are. I couldn't care less about signing the card. I'm seated on top of the teacher's desk next to the card, watching everyone write their names down.

I barely look up when a new person walks through the door.

"Todd," Ms.Jewls voice speaks. "please line up to sign Mr. Kidswatter's birthday card!"

I look up finally to see the ginger join Dana at the back of the line. "Hey, why didn't anyone tell me it was Kidswatter's birthday? I would have loved to help with the card, or maybe even plan some kind of party."