𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚

EMETOPHOBIA  WARNING!

𝘽𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙁𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙯𝙯𝙯

***

Dad hasn't been home in a couple of days. This isn't the first time this has happened though; it's turned into some Frank Gallager-type thing. Mom pretends to care, but I know she doesn't give two shits about him or what he's been doing. The only reason I know that he's still alive is because he's been sending me and my mom drunk texts. 

My eyebrows crease at my phone as I step off the bus, reading Dad's text and trying to decipher it. Todd abruptly yanks me back by my backpack, out of the way of two people rolling at my feet. I frown when I realize that it's Dana and Myron doing their best-friend handshake. I have a headache coming on. 

I've seen it a ton and am honestly tired of it. However, Todd has never, so I stand with him and let him watch. Near the end, they lock pinkies. 

"Hey, best friend!" Myron starts. 

"Hey, best friend to you!" Dana responds, and they snap their pinkies. 

"Wow!" Todd walks over to them, pulling me along with him. "That is the best handshake I have ever seen."

Dana crosses her arms. "'Cause we're the best best friends you've ever seen."

"And only the best of best friends do a best-friendly handshake like that!" Myron tells him. "Isn't it the best, best friend?"

"Yeah, the bestest!" She starts giggling. 

"Don't tell me, 'enough with the fun?'"

"Yeah, right." I roll my eyes. I'm already in a bad mood this morning, and listening to these two is making it worse. "Can we leave now, Todd?"

The ginger turns to me with a grin. "We should make a--"

"No."

"You're no fun."

School isn't starting for a while now, so we follow Dana and Myron around the grounds, as Todd continues gushing about their friendship. "You know, I don't think I've ever seen two people get along as well as you two."

"They still have their moments," I whisper in his ear. 

Myron stands beside Todd, looking quite prideful. "That's not surprising, Todd. The simple fact is I'm incredible and amazing! My own awe-inspiring greatness inspires awe in even me. Dana's lucky to have found me."

That's not cocky at all. 

The purple-haired girl raises an eyebrow. "I am? Well, Myron, you're lovably shameless and fun, but I actually think you're lucky you found me."

"What? You?" He pushes past me and Todd. "But I'm the one who's sometimes class president!"

"And who runs your campaigns? And covers for all your clumsy mistakes."

Here we go. 

"I thought you loved covering for my so-called 'mistakes'. That's what makes our friendship work!"

"Maybe for you! But for once, I'd like you to cover for my mistakes."

"Oh yeah?! Well I would, if you ever made any mistakes, Ms. Perfectly-Perfect-Person!"