𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙞𝙫𝙚

𝘾𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙨 𝘾𝙤𝙬

***

beep. beep. beep. beep. beep.

The antagonizing sound of my alarm clock rings, making me groan. I practically punch the snooze button. I sigh with dread, not wanting to deal with anyone's shit today.

Ping!

That is until a notification sounds from my phone. I pick up the device, knowing full well who it is.

🧡Toddster🧡  
Good morning, (Y/N) :)

Ever since we exchanged numbers, Todd always sends good morning and good night text messages. I mean, I'm not complaining. I smile a little, re-reading the message over and over again. At least there is someone at my school who doesn't drive me crazy.

At one point I frown. Why do I care about him so much? I can't even begin to explain the feelings I get when he is around me. Those feelings are what stopped me from chasing him out, and why I wanted to get close to him.

They feel so unnatural to me. I wish I knew the word for them.

I attempt to shake off my thoughts as I get ready for the day.

***

I doodle on my desk with boredom, waiting for Todd to get here. He informed me that he may be a little late, due to some things at home. I'm fine with it. Totally.

The weird thing is that Ms.Jewls isn't even here yet. Nobody bats an eye about it. Everyone is conversing as normal. Curiosity getting the best of me, I walk over to Dana's desk. She is just finishing a conversation with Jenny.

She turns her head and smiles at me. "Hey (Y/N)! I don't usually see you over here."

"Why isn't the teacher here?" I ask, ignoring what she has just said.

"They're having a faculty retreat! We're going to get a substitute!"

A sub?

"Say. . ." Dana says, glancing around. "is Todd not here yet?"

I shake my head. "No. He told me he was going to be late. Unfortunately."

She smirks and leans closer to me. "Y'know. . .you and Todd have been getting along pretty well recently..."

Oh no. Not that look.

I push her head away. My face can't help but blush with embarrassment. "Dana, don't start this--"

The girl gasps suddenly. "You're blushing! I knew it I knew it I knew it!"

I cover her mouth, trying not to bring attention to us. "Dana," I whisper-shout. "Shut the fuck up. I don't know what you're thinking, but Todd and I are only friends. You need to stop this whole 'me liking Todd' thing. It's getting ridiculous."

I uncover her mouth with a scowl and walk away as fast as I can. Dana is left biting her lip, trying not to squeal with excitement.

I swear to god I am going to murder Dana one of these days.

The bell rings, making everyone retreat to their seats. And the sub still isn't here. It might be because we are on the thirtieth floor.

The next couple minutes I'm lost in my thoughts. Lost in what Dana had said.