Someone New

I woke up the next morning, feeling more refreshed than I had ever felt in a long time. It felt like new beginnings. I told Thomas everything. He was still my best friend. What could go wrong?

I got up, got ready, and went off to school. Like always, I met up with Thomas and we walked. His presence felt comforting to me, and I was glad to have him at my side. He was the rock in my life, and I loved him to death.

When we got to school, I immediately saw there was a new boy. He was cute. Being the person I was, I went up to him and introduced myself. "Hey, I am Angel, this is Thomas."

He smiled at me. "Well, I can see where your name comes from, you are very pretty Just like an Angel." I blushed. "Thanks."

Thomas laughed. "Ha-ha, Come on, Ang, we are going to be late for class!" I grabbed the boy's hand, "what's your name, and would you like us to show you around?" He nodded. "Yeah, sure. And my name is Bobby."

We showed him around, and I caught him glancing at me every once in a while. It gave me shivers, the good kind. He was super sweet and made me laugh.

He hung out with us at lunch, and immediately became friends with everyone. He chatted and cracked jokes and I think every girl fell for him. As we walked home, Thomas finally commented on the new boy. "He was flirting with you, you do know that, don't you?"

I laughed. "He wasn't flirting, just being friendly!" Thomas looked at me, his eyebrows raised. "Ang, I know guys. He was flirting." I blushed, thinking about all the times he looked at me when he thought I wasn't looking.

"He was sweet, and really cute." I replied. He laughed. "See, there you go! You like him." I tried to protest, but he started poking me, and we ended up bursting into his house, laughing and trying to tickle each other.

His mom just looked at us and rolled her eyes. "I swear, you kids burst in here doing the randomest things." We looked at each other and started laughing again. "Mom, you are going to have to get used to it, I'm afraid."

We went into his room and started watching a movie. After a while I said, "Why do you care about Bobby, we only met him today?" He just looked at me, eyebrows raised. "He didn't even know you and he was flirting with you. I just don't want you to get hurt if he is that kind of guy."

I hugged him tightly. "Thanks, Tommy, That means a lot to me, but don't worry about me, I can take care of myself." We turned back towards the movie, and I tried to lose myself in it, but i couldn't help but wonder if there was more he wasn't telling me.

I walked home with a lot on my mind, thinking about all that had happened. Meeting Bobby. Him flirting with me. Tom's concern. I went to bed with a pit in my stomach, wondering if there is again more beneath the surface in my life.

 A/N the picture of Bobby