(Description Again + some information)

『Feel the War - My Life.』

•― Previously titled; "'Be a mercenary', they said..." ―•

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

You're just another mercenary of many, and yet one single job again flips your life around.

A failed assassination not only destroys your career, but also your relationship with the people you grew up with and your already weak self-esteem.

And, on top of it, it leads to rather inconvenient situations and to you being blackmailed by your past-target: The infamous Viggo Grimborn.

Now, dragged into yet another war and forced to stay put and listen to orders, who would've thought that you'd find comfort – love, even – again?

How much of your past will this drag to the surface, how much will you have to remember and even re-live now that you can't run away and hide?

Or; You fail to assassinate Viggo, blackmail stuff happens forcing you to work for him without pay, and shit just happens from there. And some past trauma gets brought up (again).

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

Cross-posted on Ao3 under the same name!
Perspective changes from third to second in chapter 2!
I don't own anything from HTTYD! All rights to DreamWorks!

══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════

[Old description:]

Y/N, an expert at their job, which is as flexible as water. Need a bodyguard? For the right price and right conditions Y/N will do it. Need someone assassinated? Pay up and accept the conditions, and Y/N will do it. Need a spy? A fake 'friend' for a while? You know who to go to.

But, that all comes with a rather high danger; people not paying after the job is done, some people being a bit too creepy and touchy, the chance of getting killed basically all the time.. Y/N knows how to deal with that though. They did experience it quite a few times already.

However, there's one danger they don't know how to deal with. Or atleast, they don't know how to accept it.
The dear old friend called 'Feelings'. Be it guilt, nervousness, panic... Things you can't ignore forever, especially not when you suddenly get dragged into a war.

══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════

 [Additonal Information:]

Y/N is gender neutral (They/Them only) and is 25+ years old!
I will not put any description of Y/N, however they are the same height as Viggo (Google says that he's 6'4, so congrats.)
Y/N is also morally grey, though that probably was clear by the description already.
Y/N is Bi/Omni/Pan/any sexuality that includes 2+ genders.

First time writing any character/s that aren't my own oc's, so sorry if anything is ooc!
English isn't my first language, please tell me if something's written wrong/could be worded better.
Even though this is a Viggo x Reader fic, love is just one of many things in this. It is important here, but so is other stuff.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

The cover is just a screenshot I found on Google, and I edited it a bit.

Viggo is seen as 25-28 here, which is why Y/N is around the same age (25+, max 30).

Ryker is seen as 28-30.
Dagur is seen as 22-25.
Johann is seen as 26-29.
Krogan is seen as 26-30.

I do have beta readers, and I also reread everything I write multiple times. So it's unlikely that there will be any spelling errors, however if any of you find something, or know how to word something better, please tell me in the comments/replies.
I'm always open to respectful criticism too!

If any of you have any questions, want to just say something to me (or anything else) feel free to reply here, though I'll probably react even if you comment anywhere else.

This also is only 1 idea for a Viggo x Reader fic out of 4 that I have, though this is the one I decided to do first. And I mainly decided to write one because there barely are any Viggo x Reader fics, and I already reread some of my favourites.

Me, being a desperate simp, decided to take things into my own hands! And I of course have no idea how this is going to turn out.
But be sure that there's going to be a pretty decent balance of angst, comfort and fluff. Y/N is also a complicated character with a interesting and somewhat complicated backstory, but I won't spoil anything, you'll discover it together with the other characters!

I don't know when I'll update, since my motivation is as stable as the school system, however I'll try to write and update whenever I (mentally) can.

Don't expect regular updates tho, since this is also my first time writing characters that aren't my own I may be overthinking too much sometimes and therefore it may take longer to update.

(Most characters from RTTE/HTTYD will appear in somewhat later chapters though, so keep that in mind. Idk how long it'll take for people like the Gang to appear, but it'll take longer than for the others.)

Enjoy this story!
And don't forget to take care of yourselves!

Word count: 824