Chapter 12

"Marco?" Asks Vittorino

"Yes, that's the guy who met Josh pretty often. Josh said Marco will help him get rich. And also that he was his uncle" says Fleur.
"What else?" Asks Vittorino.
"A few days back, I received a cheque which I didn't accept cause  I want the man who killed Josh to be punished. I think it's this Marco who sent me money to shut me to not go to the cops and tell on him" says Fleur.
"Didn't you say your fiance died in the accident?" Asks Vittorino.
"Yes, he did. But tell me, why would someone send me money for an accident? Something is wrong and I want to know the truth" says Fleur.
"Have you seen Marco? Have you confronted him for Josh's death?" Asks Vittorino.
"I don't know where he lives and I have not seen him. I want a lawyer who would open Josh's accident case and find if it was an accident or intended murder. As I said, Josh said he will get a lot of money from this Marco guy" says Fleur.

Vittorino frees Fleur and tells her to get dressed. She kneels on the ground and runs her hand on the floor and wears her dress when she finds it.

"So, how will you help?" Asks Fleur.
"I can help you get a good lawyer but how will you pay him?" Asks Vittorino.
"If you want. You can cut it from my services" says Fleur.
Vittorino laughs and says "you would have to sell yourself to me to pay the lawyer"

Fleur thinks for a second and says "buy me"
"What?" Asks Vittorino.
"Buy me. I'll be your slave for life. Josh said the money which he was getting from his uncle can give my children a very comfortable life. If that's true, then help me and buy me in exchange" says Fleur.
"What use would you be for me except an occasional fuck" asks Vittorino.
"Do anything you want with me but help me" cries, Fleur.

Vittorino thinks and says "leave"
Fleur was stunned and just then the driver pulls her out of the room, takes her to the car and drives off.
Fleur wondered if he agreed to help.

The next morning, as every day she enters Vittorino's room and dresses him up for the day.
"I may have to go to the office today and " says Vittorino creasing his eyebrows in irritation.
"Headache?" Asks Fleur and he nods.
"So you worked out?" Asks Fleur.
Vittorino smirks and shakes his head no.
"Do you have a girlfriend?" Asks Fleur.
"No," says Vittorino.
"So who do you not work out with?" Asks Fleur curious.
Vittorino leans close to her while she was knotting his tie and whispers "non of your business"
Fleur rolls his eyes and says "well whoever she/he/they are is giving you a headache"
"SHE surely is," says Vittorino listening to Fleur talk.

After breakfast, Vittorino and Fleur leave for the office. Anna would be dropping the kids to school. On the way, Fleur receives a call from a lawyer who says he was hired to represent her.
"Do you know the name of the person who hired you?" Asks Fleur with Vittorino carefully listening to her.
"I am sorry but it's confidential and anyway, I too don't know who it is as it was an anonymous call and payment was wired," says the lawyer and introduces himself as James.E.Jenkins.

Fleur hangs up the call and was esthetic for a minute but then went silent.
"What's wrong?" Asks Vittorino.
"I may have sold my soul to the devil in exchange for this," says Fleur.
Vittorino turns his face to the window of the car and smirks.

They reach the office and Fleur tries to excuse herself to talk to the lawyer but Vittorino tells her to take the call in his office, and she obliges. He wanted to hear everything she said. She tells the lawyer about Marco, the accident, and someone sending her money. The lawyer tells her he will reopen the case and keep her informed.

Fleur spends her day reading papers to Vittorino to sign, feeding him and mostly admiring him. At times Fleur found herself simply glancing at him. He was a very handsome specimen. His age surely did justice to enhance his looks. He looked mature and acted so sophisticated. Fleur didn't mind his rudeness as it made her feel like a little girl getting a scolding from the convent's priest for being a naughty girl.

She was still lost in her thoughts when he suddenly turns in her direction.
"Huh?" She asks.
"Get me a glass of water, girl" he repeats and Fleur replies "yes father. I mean sir"

A few days went by and Fleur didn't receive a call for her service. She wanted to thank the mean man for his help but he didn't call her to visit him. She wondered the reason behind it as their exchange was she sold herself for the help, which he did help by appointing the lawyer. So why hasn't he called her?

After a week Fleur was called in by the lawyer who said "the accident left no survivors and as for police report it was nothing but an accident. Whoever sent you the money is untraceable as the person he sent the money didn't know who he was too. And for Marco, you didn't give us a last name which means it will be next to impossible to trace him"
"What does this all mean?" Asks Fleur.
"It means, there is nothing here to look into. You have to make peace your fiance died in an accident. And personally speaking, you should have kept the money this anonymous person sent you. Now, you have nothing. Neither that money nor any lead to Marco who claimed to be the uncle and make your fiance rich" says the lawyer.

Fleur comes back home disappointed and that's when she receives a call from Rosary that she is called.

"So what now? I mean, the whole thing was a dead end"says Fleur, awkwardly laughing, kneeling in front of Vittorino, blindfolded.
"So nothing. I own you" says Vittorino.
"He only worked for a week so let me pay you off for that week," says Fleur.

Vittorino carefully touches her face and moves his fingers on the blindfold to be sure she has it on. He then moves his hand to her throat and wraps his fingers around her neck.
"You made a deal. You sold your soul to the devil. You are mine" he says in a menacing voice.

Fleur may not be able to differentiate voices and faces at times but she knew when she heard her own words repeated by another. This man was repeating exactly what she told Vittorino, so instinctively her mind went to Vittorino and she asked "Mr. Sir?"

Follow, like and comment