Crazy

Wendy looked around the neighborhood. She held Ava's hand tightly, as the walked to the Arctic Fox's house.

"What's wrong?" Ava asked, looking down at Wendy when she noticed the small wolf was hyperventilating.

"Everything looks different." Wendy murmured.

"What do you mean?"

Before Wendy was able to answer her question, she noticed that across the street was Elmore Junior High. She let go of Ava's hand, finally happy to see something that she remembered.

She then ran across the street, almost getting hit by a car.

"Wendy!" Ava cried out and followed her.

"Nicole! Harold! Larry! Where are you guys?!" Wendy yelled happily, swinging the front doors open. She was a bit taken aback when she didn't recognize any of the kids in the school but she shrugged it off, thinking that there were just lots of new kids. Suddenly, she was pulled back by Ava, who was panting from almost, too, getting hit by a car when she had ran across the street.

"Sorry! Hehe, she's just... excited." Ava said, awkwardly. 

Kids stared at them in confused and some were a bit scared. Ava walked Wendy outside and sat her down on the steps.

"Wendy! Why did you do that!"

"I-I thought my friends would be there." Wendy explained, looking at the floor.

"AND you almost got yourself and I killed! Ugh. Let's just go." Ava grabbed Wendy by the arm and pulled her away from the school. 

Wendy watched as the only thing she knew get farther and farther away.