New Friends And Old

"Wendy? Meet Lila. Lila? Meet Wendy." Ava introduced the two. Lila, a red fox, stared at the wolf. Wendy seemed mesmerized by Lila's red fur.

"Ava. What did I tell you about bringing homeless into the house? This is the 5th time this week." Lila growled, annoyed.

"Well, you said not to, but she's hurt. I thought let her stay one day and then take her to the adoption center." Ava smiled.

"Alright. I guess she is just a kid."

Wendy watched the two foxes talk but after 5 seconds, she got bored and went to explore the house. She found a room which was filled with figurines. But only one caught her eye.

It was a TV headed guy that Wendy swore she recognized from somewhere. He wore a grey and white sweater vest with a white long-sleeved shirt and long baggy pants that seemed too big. 

Wendy was about to grab it when she heard someone say, "Hey!" 

She turned around and saw Lila. 

"Don't touch that." 

"Why?"

"I made that and I don't want it to get ruined."

"I know him."

"What!? No you don't! Stop lying."

"But I do!"

"I said stop lying, you little brat! Ava! Come here and take Wendy to the gas station." Lila yelled. "So you would be out of my hair." She added, Wendy being the only one to hear her. Ava walked into the room.

"Ok. And Wendy? Don't go into here. This is where Lila keeps all her figures that she collects and makes." Ava explained, leading Wendy out of the room. Wendy nodded, glaring at Lila behind her shoulder.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

"This is the gas station, Wendy! Now, how about you go find a snack, huh?" Ava patted Wendy's back. Wendy nodded and walked inside while Ava looked at her phone outside. She looked at the counter and took a step back in surprise.

"Larry-?"

The man behind the counter looked up from the nap he was trying to take.

"Yes-" He was left speechless when he saw Wendy. "I'm dreaming." Larry blurted out and slapped his face.

"No! I'm real." Wendy went closer to the counter.

"No. I'm just dreaming!" Larry smiled, nervously. He was about to slap himself again but Wendy grabbed his hand before he could do so.

"See?"

"I can't believe it."

"Neither can I. You look so... old." Wendy smirked.

"Hey!"

"But why?"

"Because of all my jobs!" Larry huffed.

"Wait, where's Nicole?" Wendy smiled again.

"Oh my gosh. No! Don't let her see you. She'll freak out. All she remembers you as is a drawing." 

Wendy gasped. She remembered now, she remembered what it was like before the static-y place. Wendy frowned.

"What's wrong?" Larry asked.

"I-I remember. I wasn't real." Wendy stared at the floor.

"Oh! I'm sorry."

"I forgot you were the only one who saw me." Wendy looked at her friend. 

"Well, yeah, you were my imaginary friend." Larry rubbed the back of his neck, feeling bad for making the small wolf sad.

"Yeah, because I'm imaginary."