Adopted

Wendy stared at the ceiling of the adoption center, laying on her bed. 

"Wendy! Someone wants to see you." A voice rang out.

Wendy pushed her self off her bed and dragged herself to the room where they meet people.

As the small wolf entered, the adoption lady nervously smiled at her. Wendy couldn't see the other person but she didn't really care. She already knew she wasn't getting adopted. She knew she was never going to get out of this place.

"Wendy, meet-" The lady started but was cut off by Wendy.

"I don't need to know their name. This is the only time I'm going to see them."

"You already know my name." The person smiled. Wendy quickly looked up and saw Larry standing there.

"Larry!?"

"Oh, you two know each other."

"Yes. Look, Wendy. I'm sorry I ignored you. It just that I was still getting used to-"

"You ignored me!" Wendy growled.

"Hey! I said I was sorry." Larry responded.

The lady watched awkwardly as the two argued, which ended with laughter. 

"Um, okay. So, what is it? Do you want to take her home? PLEASE SAY YES! I CAN'T TAKE ANOTHER NIGHT WITH HER!"

"Yes?" Larry smiled.

"THANK GOODNESS!" The lady then calmly said, "I'll go get the papers."

As the lady left, Larry looked back at Wendy. 

"I'm just getting you out of here. Okay?"

"What! Why can't I go home with you?"

"I can't take care of you! I have 38 jobs!"

"I'll take care of myself! Please! I have no where else to go." Wendy whined.

"I don't know..." Larry glanced at Wendy, who was making puppy dog eyes at him. "Er-Fine."

"YAY!"

"I'm going to regret this..." Larry muttered.

"Damn right!" Wendy snickered.