Secrets

Wendy kicked the back of Larry seat. 

Larry looked at her in the mirror. "Stop kicking my seat."

"Mhm. Yeah. Sure. Whatever. But are we almost there? To your house?" Wendy complained.

"House? No. I'm taking you to Joyful Burger."

"Wait! That super delicious burger place! YES! I can't wait to get one of those burgers! They're so delicious!" Wendy smiled happily, remembering how Ava and Lila had taken her there for lunch.

"Heh. Yeah, about that..."

"What?"

"We're not going there to get food. We're going there because that's one of my jobs and you're going to help me."

"WHAT?" Wendy whined. "But I don't want to work!"

"Well, you are."

Wendy frowned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wendy sat at a booth as she watched Larry run back at forth from the kitchen to the tables.

She closed her eyes, feeling a bit tired when she heard a voice say, "Who are you?"

She opened her eyes and saw some kind of rainbow fluff ball in front of her.

"Uh, who are YOU?"

"Oh, um, I'm Tobias."

"K,"

"Aren't you going to tell me your name?"

"Why would I?"

"Because I know that you aren't supposed to be here. You were Larry's imaginary friend."

Wendy was surprised at what this Tobias kid had said. She glanced at Larry, who was busy taking someone's order before turning back at Tobias.

"You aren't supposed to know that! How do you know that!?" Wendy whispered.

"My dad told me about you. How Larry would talk non-stop about you. He said that Larry would sometimes be... weird." Tobias explained.

"What do you mean 'weird'?" Wendy narrowed her eyes.

"Like he would be nervous. My dad said he would even be scared of you sometimes." Tobias told her, not acting like his usual confident self.

Wendy looked at Larry. Was he scared of her? Did he know about her... wildness?