Liar

Wendy sat in the back of Ava and Lila's car. 

Wendy had woken up the morning laying on the floor of the guest bedroom and when she asked Ava what had happened, she said that the wolf had had a nightmare.

But Wendy knew what had happened. She remembered everything. 

"Why isn't Lila here with us?" Wendy asked, trying to act like she didn't know anything.

"She's at home. She recovering from the... flu." Ava answered.

"Ok."

The two arrived at a building.

Ava sighed. She had lied to Lila. Instead of taking her to the river, Ava was taking her to the adoption center.

"Come on." Ava said before getting out of the car. Wendy followed her. They went inside and Ava started to talk the the people there. After what seemed like hours, and was, the finally stopped.

A hexagon lady looked at Wendy and said, "Come and meet the others!"

The small wolf looked back at Ava.

"Bye." Ava walked outside.

"Wait-!" Wendy tried to run back to Ava but the lady grabbed her hand and took her to the back.

Ava glanced at Wendy from outside before going into her car and leaving.

"C'mon! Don't be shy! The others-UGH-are really nice!" The lady pulled Wendy across the floor, who had decided to position herself where if she was dragged, she would almost fall onto her face. It was a weird position but it stopped the lady from pulling Wendy.

"I'm not going!" Wendy cried out but the lady had had enough.

"That's it! You're going to time out!" She picked Wendy up and carried her to a dark corner.

"What!? I'm not a little kid! I'm 9!" Wendy whined.

"Well, you sound like one. Now stay here!" The lady left the room, leaving Wendy in the dark. By herself.