Prologue

Warning: SPG. Readers' discretion is advised.

"As a woman, your duty is to attend to your husband's needs and give birth to a child."

Nanginginig ang aking ibabang labi habang dinadampian nila ito ng pampapula. Inayos din nila ang aking mahabang buhok. Bago nila ipinasuot sa akin ang isang damit na manipis sa tela.

"Did you comprehend what I said, Nesrin?" anang seryosong boses sa likuran ko.

I nodded my head slowly. "I-I understand."

I was very unfortunate. First, I live secretly in a whorehouse. I've spent my childhood hiding from them. And now I'm becoming someone's wife.

"When he enters the room, do as I told you. Fail to carry out your duty and you will face the consequences."

Iniyuko ko ang aking ulo at hinawakan niya naman ang baba ko kaya napatingin ako sa salamin. Bumungad sa akin ang repleksyon ng nagngingitngit sa galit niyang mga mata.

I flinched. Nanlalamig ang aking kamay sa ilalim. That piercing gaze was very similar to that man who always looked down on me in contempt.

"Are we clear?" the headservant said, tone laced with anger.

I was the wildflower in the red-light district. When the manager of the house found out about my existence, she forced me to wear a sheer dress and made me charm the customers by dancing.

And that very same night, someone took an interest in me. He decided to marry me. For me, it was an opportunity to escape. I didn't hesitate to grabbed it, and now I couldn't turn my back.

"This is how you prove your worth to him. Don't disappoint the young master again."

I was being threatened. Maraming may ayaw sa akin. For them, I was a whore that lured their master to sin. They belonged to a prominent family. And I am just a nobody.

I have no one. No name, no place, no birth, and no family. At least all I could do was give birth to a child—a boy if necessary.

Nang makaalis ang headservant ay kaagad akong napakapit sa personal maid kong si Alice, siya lang ang laging nakakausap ko. Nanghihina ako. At nawawalan ng lakas.

"Alice, natatakot ako..." wika ko sa mababang boses. "Paano kung ayaw nya sa 'kin?"

Hinawakan niya ang kamay ko at marahan niyang hinaplos ito. Ngumiti siya sa akin.

"My lady, everything will be okay. Once you conceive an heir to the family, your position as the lady of the house will remain." Alice consoled me before she left the door.

Hindi naman 'yan ang gusto kong marinig. I need companionship! Mas lalo tuloy akong kinabahan. This is the first time I will spend the night with him. Paano kung impotent pala siya? o maliit ang ari niya?

"This is so unnerving..." I mumbled softly as I bite my nails anxiously.

They didn't force me to do this. I was free to go anytime. However, I don't want to leave.
I have a purpose why I'm doing this. Ayaw ko nang bumalik roon. Sa impyernong lugar na iyon.