Chapter 18

"Who did it? Who hit my wife?"

All the servants were lined up in the dimly lit hall while Frodo asked them a question one by one. The servants were enveloped in silence. Silence hovered over the hall.

Nandito kami sa isang sulok, nakikinig sa kanila. Frodo didn't want me to be here, but I insisted, so Sebastian took me into the hall.

It was already past curfew, but he still went to any lengths just to open this up. Hindi ko ipagkakaila na naantig ako sa ginawa niya. However, I still have mixed feelings about this.

"Is he going to hurt them?" paanas na wika ko.

Sebastian chuckled softly. "Oo, baka nga i-torture n'ya pa."

My eyes widened in shock. Gagawin niya ba talaga iyon? Natatakot ako! Nangantal bigla ang mga tuhod ko.

"Biro lang," pagbawi niya sa sinabi. "Mas takot s'ya maalis sa ranggo. Lagot s'ya sa tatay niya. Daddy's boy kasi s'ya."

Naging linya naman ang labi ko sa sinabi niya. Tinawanan niya pa ako. Hindi ko na lang siya pinansin.

I was busy meaninglessly looking around. The hall was built with dark interiors and lavish chandeliers hanging from the high ceilings. Despite the chandeliers hanging, the hall was still gloomy compared to the main house. This is the east wing of the manor, after all.

"Do I have to repeat myself again?" Frodo spoke slowly, his jaw clenching up.

Sebastian folded his arms. And shook his head, amusement was vivid in his eyes.

"Wow, I've never seen him that angry before. You must have been really special to him."

Napatingin naman ako kay Sebastian na nasa malayo ang tingin. I was about to say something nang mapabaling ang atensyon ko sa harapan. Someone finally stepped forward to claim the accusations.

"I did it," the headservant said confidently.

Kalmado lang ito at nakataas pa ang noo na nakatingin kay Frodo, animo'y alam niya sa sarili niyang tama ang ginawa niya at alam niyang kakampihan siya nito.

"What prompted you do it?" Frodo said quietly.

"It was to discipline her, young master," she replied calmly.

"She lacks etiquette and manners. The lady will often throw tantrums whenever she gets angry. She became extremely violent. Kahit ako ay nagulat din sa ugali n'ya. At masakit man sa parte ko ang parusahan s'ya ngunit wala akong magagawa dahil para rin ito sa ikakabuti n'ya."

My lips trembled. That was a lie! I have never done that. Kahit ang manakit ng langgam ay hindi ko magagawa!

"Moreover, she is deceitful," nanlamig ang buong katawan ko nang may inabot siyang larawan.

"What is this?" tila nag-iba ang tono ni Frodo sa kanya, curiosity overlaps his anger.

"The lady has been deceiving you all this time, young master. This is my proof that she is having an affair with someone."