Chapter 21

"Have you thought of a name?"

We're spending the day lying on the picnic blanket, admiring the bright wildflowers. We settled down near the pond and under the tree para hindi masyadong mainit, lalo na't tag-init ngayon. This is our way to unwind from the previous week.

Umiling ako at ngumiti sa kanya. "Not yet."

"You should pick," I snuggled closer to Frodo, burying my face in his toned chest. "I want you to pick."

"Lucretia."

Napaangat ako ng tingin sa kanyang sinabi. Kaagad namang nagtama ang aming mata. Frodo gave me a gentle smile, naguluhan naman ako. My brows snapped together.

"Lucretia?" naguguluhang tanong ko kay Frodo. "W-why is it Lucretia?"

Umayos siya ng upo kaya napaayos na rin ako. Inilatag ni Frodo ang laman ng aming picnic basket. We had a cute triangle-shaped vegetable sandwich, bunny-shaped cookies, strawberry juice, and, of course, macaroons!

"It's a girl, I'm sure of that," he chuckled softly habang inilalabas ang strawberry shortcake.

I've been craving sweets and strawberries lately, it's been a week since Frodo found out that I'm pregnant. Mabilis din itong kumalat sa buong manor. Lahat ay alam na yata ito.

I puckered my lips. "You don't want it to be a boy?"

The master of the manor once said that a boy is a must. It's related to being an heir to the family. They owned various of property and land. Mayroon din silang diamond and gold mine sa ibang bansa. Sa pagkakatanda ko ay marami silang na contribute sa mining industry lalo na dito sa pilipinas. Although, mas nag-focus sila sa wine dito.

The master of the manor was bedridden for days dahil sa sakit. Nagkaroon ng problema ang kompanya nila. Frodo doesn't want to inherit their properties. Before the master's number is up, he wants to see the heir. Kaya hindi ko maintindihan kung bakit mas gusto ni Frodo na babae ito.

"I want it to be a girl," he said casually while spreading the strawberry jam on my bread.

"If it's a girl, I can shower her with a lot of gifts. Buy her some pretty dresses, shoes, and dolls. I will give her all the love that she deserves and treat her like a princess."

A small smile escaped my lips. I stared at him serenely as he put the strawberry jam on my bread and enthusiastically talked about how he would treat our daughter.

"I'm sure..." I turned my face away habang hindi pa rin nabubura ang maliit na ngiti sa aking mga labi.

"You're going to be the best father in the world," I said to myself while smiling.

For the first time, I felt an unrivaled sense of calm, an unprecedented peace. Being held by the man I loved makes me realize that I was just an empty shell.

And life without him is lonely.

Kung tatanungin ako kung bakit minahal ko ang lalaking nasa tabi ko ay makakabuo ako ng isang libro.