Chapter 2 - I found the Shadow Valley Pack

2/28/2013 - Edited

Chapter 2 – I found the Shadow Valley Pack

________________________________________________________________________________

I kept running through the forest. I didn't know where I was going but I do know I was running further away from the pack, that's for sure. Everywhere around me, I could feel the rustling of leaves and movements of small forest creatures whose habitat was disturbed by my running past. As I ran, memories of when I was a kid flash back. How my parents always tell me they loved me, how Jake always picks me up and carries me on his shoulders, how Connor always knows what I was feeling, how Nick always snuggles beside me when he was scared.

But now everything is different. My parents are gone, my twin is missing and my other brothers despise me; my mate rejected me and prefers Ashley. I didn't know when but as I ran, I could feel tears stream down my cheeks.

I don't know how long I ran but I finally reached the end of the boarder. If I step out of the boarder, I could never go back. That's when the truth caught up to me.

I'm exiled.

One more step and I'm free at the same time vulnerable. I wonder what my parents would've done if they were still here. I wonder if Connor would've followed me if I was exiled.

'Snap out of it, Cordelia!' I yelled in my head.

I took one step forward and felt a kind of electricity streaming through my every fiber and as soon as it started, it ended. I guess that's what it felt like to leave a pack. I look around and was greeted by silence. The forest was quiet, too quiet. Where did all the forest creatures go? Did they sense a Rouge? Oh wait...

Then realization hit me, I'm a Rouge now.

I snapped out of my daze when I heard a rustling from the bushes on my left. I didn't sense any danger so it must be a forest creature. I ignored it and walked further. Might as well search for a place to stay while I figure out what to do.

As I walk, I wrack my brain for a plan on what I should do. Well, one thing's for sure, I'M GOING TO LIVE!

'Yeah, keep telling yourself that.' I mumbled to myself. Great, first day of exile and I'm already talking to myself.

I looked up and notice the sun has set and it was pitch black even so, my wolf eyes can see clearly. I walked further and found a huge tree with a hollow part under its roots. It will do I guess.

I quietly crawled inside. The space was small but it fit me. At least no one will spot me too easily. Tomorrow, I'll go look for a town then I'll think my next step. Right.

I glance around one last time and finally let darkness envelope me in a restless sleep.

 ~*~*~

'You are nothing' Jake's voice rings in my head.

'Trash' Nick..

'You are not worthy to be my mate'

'Slut'

'Lucas would rather pick me than you, reject'

'You are exiled.....'

 ~*~*~

I woke up with a start. I glance around and found myself still under the tree roots with sweat beading my forehead and my clothes clinging to my skin. My breathing was heavy and tears silently found their way down my cheeks in an endless stream.