Chapter 4 - I can't run

3/6/2013 - Edited

Chapter 4 – I can't run

________________________________________________________________________________

It was so warm. I felt content and calm for the first time in years. I gasped and shot up when I remembered I had to make breakfast or Jake will have my head. I looked around, confused. My room was never large. I don't remember ever having a king sized bed.

That's when it hit me; I was in my new room in the Shadow Valley pack. I heaved a sigh of relief that was short lived when I felt something stir beside me. I turned and screamed bloody murder when I saw a half-naked man sleeping in my bed!

I quickly jumped out of bed and ran towards the other side of the room as the half-naked man also jumped and ran to the other side. We looked up at each other and I laughed.

I know. Weird timing to laugh but it wasn't my fault. I bet you would've laughed if you saw a half-naked man in your room that was very handsome but was wearing Donald duck boxers.

I clutched the side of my stomach as the guy who happens to be Kent, blushed furiously. "Why are you laughing?" He asked.

I tried to stifle another round of laughter but failed miserably. I couldn't say a word because he was still in front of me wearing nothing but Donald duck boxers.

"Kent... what... are... you doing... here?" I asked breathlessly from laughing too hard.

"I have no idea." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously before looking away from me. I stared at him "Uh huh." I said sarcastically. "You have no idea how you managed to get in my room in the middle of the night?" I said as I gave him a pointed look.

"I may have..." He mumbled the rest of the sentence. I had to strain my ear to hear better. "Could you repeat?"

"I sleepwalk, okay!" He exclaimed. I chuckled as he turned a slight red.

I covered my mouth with my hand and stared at him amusingly, "I never imagined you to be this kind of guy, Kent."

"What kind of guy?" He asked.

"The kind that wears Donald duck boxers." I ended up laughing and rolling on the floor, clutching my stomach. Finn heard me laughing and when he peeked through my door, he joined me laughing on the floor as Kent's face turned deep crimson.

"Dude, I know it's been a while since you last got laid but doesn't mean you can come into Lia's room in Donald duck boxers." Finn said as he wiped away tears from his eyes. I was still chuckling on the floor.

"Is everything alright in here?" We all turned and saw Katy standing in the door frame looking worried but then she looked amused and started laughing. We all burst out laughing again except for Kent who rushed out of my room and slammed the door to his bedroom.

"You okay Lia? I heard you screaming earlier." Katy asked.

"Yeah I'm fine; it was just a huge shock when I saw a half-naked man sleeping in the same bed as me." I replied, waving my hand dismissively.

"Yeah, Kent is a very heavy sleepwalker. He once managed to sneak into Jace's room completely naked!" At this point, I burst out laughing some more. Now I understand the saying dying of laughter, because I could feel myself losing breath and actually dying of laughter.

"What did he do when he saw Kent sleeping beside him?" I asked curiously.

"Well, Trey was on his way towards Jace's room asking if he wanted to go for a run when he saw Jace sleeping and Kent cuddling Jace from behind," She chuckled, "Trey called Finn and I and we took pictures of them both but then when Jace woke up and threw the covers off, let's just say I got scarred for life. Kent was completely butt naked! I have never heard Jace scream before and it made my day when I heard the almighty Alpha scream of pure terror when he saw Kent's little buddy."