Chapter 9 - The Prophecy

Chapter 9 – The prophecy

________________________________________________________________________________

I woke up with my throat dry and aching from all the crying I did last night. Lucas was nowhere to be found as I looked around the room I was in. Judging from the smell, I was in Lucas' bedroom. Huh, I never noticed before but his room was slightly messy but still organized. Clothes were thrown in a corner and papers were sprawled all over his desk but besides those, his room was relatively clean.

Before I could get up, the door swung open revealing a shirtless Lucas. If this was a few days ago I would've glared daggers at him and demand he put a shirt on, but now... I'm drooling over him and I'm proud of it. Lucas smirked when he saw me visibly ogling him and I shut my mouth. Wow, it hasn't been a day and I'm already falling for him. Is that bad?

I got up in a sitting position as I just noticed I was lying on Lucas' bed. "Where did you slept last night?" I asked him with an eyebrow raised. Lucas still had a smirk on his face as he sat down beside me, pulling me close to him. "Don't worry, I didn't touch you. I slept on the couch last night." He said as he stroke my hair.

I pulled away slightly to look up at him, "Why did you slept on the couch? Isn't it painful?" I asked with a worried expression on my face. Lucas chuckled and tapped my nose, "It was rather uncomfortable but I didn't want to push my boundaries with you." I smiled at him. He's so sweet.

Then I remembered what happened yesterday which put a damper on my mood. Lucas seemed to notice as he stopped stroking my hair and held my face. "What's wrong? Are you hurt?" He asked as he tilted my head from left to right, searching for any injuries. I shook my head with a small smile and grabbed his hands, "I'm fine but what happened to Katy? Is she okay? I have to see her." My voice got higher and louder as I spoke.

"She's fine. She's just resting right now."

I nodded and rested my head on his shoulder. "What happened?" I asked no one in particular. I could feel Lucas shrugging his shoulders. "I'm not sure; the pack doctor said she was attacked last night when she got back from the pack run. No one was around because she got there first." I nodded as a stray tear fell down my face.

"I should've been there." I sobbed. Lucas gripped my shoulder tighter and tilted my chin so I was looking at him, "It wasn't your fault. She got ambushed but the problem is... how?"

That was a good question. How is it that Katy was ambushed? Lucas and I were near the pack house and we didn't notice any weird scents hanging around. The house was eerily quieter than usual but that's because everyone was out on the pack run.

What was Katy doing there anyway? I groaned. This is too much.

I glanced up at Lucas and shrugged my shoulders. "Let's just go get something to eat. I'm hungry." I suggested. Lucas nodded his head and took my hand as we both walked down the stairs towards the kitchen.

Lucas sat on a barstool as I walked over to the fridge, searching for an apple. I threw an apple at Lucas as he caught it professionally. We ate our apples in silence when the question that has been eating my brain all day yesterday popped in my head.

"Hey, Lucas?" Lucas looked up, "Yeah?" He said with his mouth full. "Um..." How should I go and ask him? I should've thought of that before I opened my big mouth. "Um..." I sighed, "Can you please tell me about the prophecy you and Ashley were talking about the other day?" I asked bluntly.

I flinched when I notice the look of anger in Lucas' eyes. Lucas must have noticed me flinching because his eyes soften slightly as he extended his arm. "Come here." I complied. I sat on his lap as he wrapped an arm around my shoulders so I didn't fall down.