Chapter 10 - The betrayal

Chapter 10 – The betrayal

________________________________________________________________________________

I woke up the next morning to someone screaming. I shot up from bed, grabbed my gun and katana and ran down the stairs. It was a bloody battle. Pack members were fighting. The smell of hunters and rogues lingered in the air. I saw Lucas following me as I ran towards a rogue.

With one swift movement, the rogue's head rolled on the floor as his body slumped down, unmoving. I ran towards other pack members to help as much as I can. Blood filled the air, gun shots were heard. I could see Jace snapping a hunter's neck. Trey was cutting their limbs with his sword as Kent and Finn took on other hunters.

Lucas helped me in taking down other rogues. A rogue saw Lucas and aimed for his throat but I jumped midair and slammed into him, hard. He fell on the ground but got up and shifted to his wolf then he lunged.

I managed to duck under his belly, quickly pulling out my gun I shot him through the heart and pushed him off of me. I shot him several times along the legs and stomach so he couldn't move. I turned and barely missed a punch in the face. I growled at the hunter and twisted his arm, pulling it out of its sockets.

With one swift movement I kicked him under the legs and snapped his neck. I was about to help some other pack members when the hunters suddenly ran away, leaving all the rogues behind.

Some of them ran away but some looked like they were fighting some kind of inner battle. They fell to the ground and convulsed. They thrashed along the ground, howling in pain as they shifted from human to wolf then back from wolf to human.

It was sickening to see. Yes they were rogues and they were heartless but either way, they are still our brothers and sisters. A few seconds passed and then they suddenly stopped. It was like they were frozen in a shocked state.

Eyes wide, filled with pain and fear. Body pale as the moon and hair filled with blood and mud. "What... is... going... on?" Lucas slowly came up to me, wrapping his arms around my waist as he rested his chin on my shoulder. "I don't know, Lucas." I replied.

I turned to Jace who was pale, "Jace, what's going on?" I asked, still on high alert in case they sent back up. "It can't be..." He muttered much to himself than to me. I raised an eyebrow in confusion and stood in front of him. "Jace, what can't be?" I asked sternly.

He ran a hand through his hair in frustration then his eyes bored into mine. So many emotions flickered in his eyes but one stood out... betrayal. I gasped, "Jace... it can't be..." I stuttered. I was shaking as Lucas held on to me tighter; trying to comfort me but it was useless. No it couldn't be... could it?

It's impossible, she shouldn't be back. She was gone. She was chained, how did she escape? So many questions raced through my mind but there was one question I needed answers to. I turned to the Silver Moon pack and saw that all of them survived. They had some severe injuries but nothing life threatening.

Our team was unscathed but one person was missing. I quickly turned and ran towards the infirmary.

Please be there! Please be there!! I kept chanting in my head. As I got nearer the faint stench of hunter lingered in the air which caused me to let out a deep growl. If those filthy things touched my friend I swear I will kill every single one of them.

As I reached the door handle I knew she was gone before I opened the door. I slammed it open, causing it to fall on the ground with a loud bang. She's gone...

Katy, my friend, my sister has been kidnaped. I slumped down on the dirty ground, not caring that the dust covered my legs and the glass penetrated my skin. I didn't care anymore.