Chapter 14 - Clashed, united

Chapter 14 – Clashed, united

________________________________________________________________________________

The forest grew silent as my boots made contact with the forest ground. The small creatures hid behind bushes or under large tree trunks. They sensed the power radiating from me. I know the others could feel my powers and they were puzzled by it. There wasn't enough time to stop and talk to them so I ignored it and pushed forward.

I could feel my powers begging to be released but I pulled them back. I needed to conserve my energy for Connor. I was the only one who can stand a chance against my twin. I just hope that he isn't behind all of this. I mean, I saw his eyes, I saw his face and I read his note but, there's something else. It's like no matter how hard I try I know he's the real Connor but at the same time, he's not.

It's like he's being possessed or controlled. But by what?

We walked further through the trees, from the corner of my eye I could see Katy crawling and jumping over branches silently. Kent was at the front of the group while Trey stayed behind. This way if we got ambushed, the men won't get too injured as long as those two are around.

I sent a mind link to Finn, 'Finn, we're nearing enemy camp. Make sure to tell Ryan and Jace to wait for my signal.'

'Copy that, Beta Lia.' I kept my mind link open as I suggested the others to do as well. This way, if we did get ambushed we would know right away.

I concentrated on my mate bond with Lucas, trying to see if I could get anything from him indicating we're getting closer. I was getting worried, other than the jolt of pain I felt earlier, Lucas has been quiet. Then I felt it, a soft nudge. Lucas was still alive just barely hanging on. I could feel joy bubbling deep inside me. I quickly sent out all of my emotions and love to Luke, hoping he would stay awake.

***

Lucas P.O.V

***

I was chained to a metal chair. The chains burned my wrists and ankles. I'm guessing they're made out of silver. I couldn't remember much when I woke up. The last thing I recall was pushing Lia behind me as a hunter pulled out his gun. Then I remember her killing the hunter but Rogues came out. I faintly remember her scream of pain as a Rogue bit her shoulder.

I wanted to kill that Rogue but I couldn't move. The silver bullets that pierced through my shoulders rendered me useless. I could only lie there, hearing the fight go out as Lia tried to protect me. She protected me. I was supposed to protect her but I couldn't.

Just as I finally asked her to be my girlfriend, I lost her. I promise that when I get out of here, nothing will keep me away from my mate, the love of my life, Lia. I just hope she's alright.

The hunters came in a while ago just to inject wolfsbane into my system. It freaking hurts every time they do that but I didn't scream. That will only give them sick pleasure. Sometimes I wonder who the real monster is. They say werewolves are creatures from Hell and yet they find satisfaction from torturing us like the demons they are.

That's just plain ironic. That's it; I've gone completely crazy if I'm here, chained to a metal chair and laughing at the irony of my kidnapers.

Then I felt it, someone was trying to get through to me. I took down the wall that I've built around my brain and I was suddenly overcome with a feeling of peace and love. One word rang through my brain... Lia. She's awake and she's close.

I can't give up now. I have to stay strong for her. As soon as this is all over, we're going to spend a long time together just the two of us.

I heard a click and a loud thud as the metal doors creaked open, revealing a tall man. He looked like he was the same age as me. He has dark chocolate brown hair and icy blue eyes that seemed awfully familiar. His face structure was also familiar. I know I've never met him before but something about him just seems familiar.