Chapter 3 - My previous pack abused me

3/3/2013 - Edited

Chapter 3 - My previous pack abused me

________________________________________________________________________________

As Jace dropped my hand the door suddenly slammed open. I jumped out of reflex because usually back home when the door slams people were either going to beat me up or order me around. Jace frowned at my reaction and patted my shoulders. He gave me an assuring smile which I replied with a smile of my own.

"Is everything okay, Jace?" Trey asked.

"Everything is fine. Now, I'd like you all to meet Lia Gray, our new pack member." Jace nodded towards the group and I gave them a timid smile. I nodded my head and looked down on the floor. I felt someone tilt my chin up as I gaze into Trey's eyes, "Never lower your head unless to show respect." He said and smiled at me.

My eyes widen, and I nodded absentmindedly. "Good. Well, you already know my name, I'm Trey." He pulled me into a hug. In reflex I stiffened and flinched. Trey pulled back with a worried expression on his face. "Did I hurt you?" He asked, concerned.

Should I tell them? Should I show them the bruises? I stood there hesitantly before turning to Jace for confirmation.

He nodded his head and I breathed deeply before pulling up my top. The others gasp and Jace looked furious. Trey looked murderous. I quickly pulled my top down and winced from the sudden movement.

"Katy, can you please take Lia to the pack doctor and have her check out her bruises?"

"Yes Alpha." Katy gave me a sympathetic smile before gently leading me out the room.

"My name's Katherine but people call me Katy."

"Hello Katy, I'm Lia."

"I know, I'm sorry for the rough treatment back there." She smiled apologetically at me.

I chuckled and said, "It's okay. I was a Rouge so you had every right to be weary of me."

She shook her head slightly, "You were a Rouge, now you're our new pack member." She smiled at me which I returned.

"Thank you." I suddenly blurted out.

"For what?" Katy asked.

"For being nice to me. Nobody has shown me any kindness for years." I spoke softly.

Katy suddenly stopped in her tracks and turned me slowly to face her. She gripped my shoulder but not too rough and looked into my eyes, "You are a part of the Shadow Valley pack now. I don't know what happened to you in your previous pack but no one and I mean no one should be treated the way they treated you. We are pack members now, one huge family. We take care of each other."

I cried at that point. No one ever cared, since I shifted. No one ever treated me nicely ever since my brother poisoned their minds. No one ever accepted me because I was unworthy. But this girl, this stranger took me in under her wing just because we're pack members.

"Thank you Katy, that means the world to me." I hugged her as she gripped me tightly against her.

"Shhh..." She gently ran her hand down my hair. I didn't notice we were still walking but when I managed to stop crying, we were already in front of a white door that led to the infirmary. The pack doctor, Dr. Jane, cleaned my wounds and wrapped up my wounds. I could feel both of their gaze on my wounds and bruises when I took off my top.

Dr. Jane almost went wolf when she checked that I had broken ribs and that my wounds were a disgusting black, blue and purple. Katy stormed out somewhere during the cleaning session. She didn't come back; instead, the other two boys whose name I didn't know came in.