Chapter 8 - Lucas might not be that bad

Chapter 8 – Lucas might not be that bad

________________________________________________________________________________

Today, we were going to train the Silver Moon pack. After my confrontation with Lucas yesterday, I managed to avoid him completely, but I'm positive I can't avoid him for training. Since he is Beta, he will have to discuss the training schedule and everything with me. I could ask Trey or Kent to do it but I didn't want to appear weak.

With that in thought I got out of bed and took a long hot bath. Baths always make me feel more relaxed. I sunk lower into the tub as the warm water soothed all of my tense muscles. Katy banged on the door and yelled, "Lia! Get out of there! I need to use the bathroom and you've been in there for a century!!" I chuckled. "I have not been in here for a century, stop being so melodramatic, Katy!" I yelled back, smirking as I got out of the bathtub and wrapped a towel around me.

I opened the door to a hoping and pissed off Katy. She glared at me as I gave her an innocent smile, "Sorry for being in there for a century." I said sarcastically. Katy glared playfully at me one more time before running past me and slamming the bathroom door in my face. "You're welcome!" I yelled at the door. I heard Katy groaned as she said, "Beware of Kent sleepwalking in your bed, he might do it tonight." I chuckled.

But then I paused. I better lock my doors from now on. I am not taking any chances with Kent's stupid sleepwalking habits. Lucas just became his victim yesterday and I don't want to be the second. Though I really wish he would do that to Ryan or Jake. Especially naked. That would give them a scare that will scar them for life. I grinned mentally. Oh I'm so evil right now. Hehehe...

I got dressed and marched downstairs for breakfast. As I turned the corner, I could hear some people yelling. I tiptoed silently. I know it's wrong to eavesdrop but I can't help it, if you don't want people to hear your arguments, don't do it in the kitchen.

I sneaked a peek and gasped mentally at the scene unfolding in front of me. Ashley and Lucas were fighting. I could see anger clear in Lucas' eyes as Ashley's held jealousy and anger as well. I was so confused. Why were they fighting?

I had to strain my ear to hear clearer. "Ashley, why can't you just drop it? Lia got exiled six months ago. She's already had it rough as it is. Why are you trying to make her suffer even more?!" Lucas yelled. I stood there frozen. "Why are you defending that slut?! If my memory serves right, you rejected her didn't you! She will never forgive you. She will never take you back. Nothing you do will ever change her mind." Ashley yelled back. I saw pain and regret flash in Lucas' eyes before it turned hard and was replaced with pure anger.

"She is not a slut! She's a better person than you will ever be." Lucas fisted his hair and tugged on it as he groaned loudly. "Just leave, Ashley." He whispered. Ashley looked stunned and hurt but then she looked determine. "Fine. But mark my words Lucas, I will be back and I will make that slut mate of yours pay for what she's done!" I clenched my fists in anger when she finished. Why does she hate me so much? I get a lot of people hate me. Heck, the whole pack hated me, but why? That was the question that always ran in my head whenever people beat the crap out of me. Why do they hate me? Let's just say, I never predicted the answer to be the words Lucas spoke next, "It's not Cordelia's fault that she is one of the chosen ones to be protecting the werewolf race! Why do you hate her for that anyway? Don't you want peace?!" Ashley glared at Lucas and yelled, "I do want peace but I don't want that biatch to be the one who brings peace! She's just going to screw everything up. It should've been me! I should be the chosen one, not her!" Alright, that's it.

I marched up to Ashley and punched her square on the face. She fell backwards from impact and I heard a crunch when my fist connected with her face. I'm guessing I broke her nose... good.