Chapter 11 - This means war

Chapter 11 – This means war

________________________________________________________________________________

"She got Jace and Ryan!"

That was the last thing my brain registered before I flew out the door and out the pack house. My team was already there but we were missing Jace and Katy. I clenched my fists at the thought of what Victorica might do to them. "Finn, have you figured out where they're keeping them?" I asked as I walked towards them.

Finn nodded and placed his laptop on the sturdy table outside the pack house, "This point over here is where the hunters are last seen. Only a few hours has passed and I doubt they're gone by now. Victorica might be good but she was never the fast paced kind of person." He answered.

I nodded and turned to Kent, "Kent, I need you to gather all the best fighters from the Silver Moon pack and make sure they are fully armed. Gather as many men as you can to follow us but leave half of them to protect the pack."

"Yes, Lia." He saluted before making his way towards the warriors of the pack. I turned to Trey, "Trey, please inform the pack doctors to be ready for our arrival. We won't know the upcoming battle and we need to be prepared at all times." He nodded before leaving.

I let out a soft sigh as I felt warm arms enveloping me in a tight embrace, "I will come with you." I turned around and cupped his face, "I can't let you get hurt, Lucas." I begged. Lucas held the hand that was on his cheek and leaned in closer to it, "I won't. I have the best fighting teacher, remember?" He winked at me.

I chuckled at him. Even in a dire moment like this, he is able to make me laugh. "I promise that after this is all over, I'm taking you out on your real first date." He promised. I looked up at him and smiled, "I'm looking forward to it Mr. Knight." I teased.

Lucas chuckled and I could feel his chest vibrate from it, "I'll be counting the moments until then Mrs. Knight." My heart swells when he called me Mrs. Knight. I felt so content and happy that I forgot about the real world for a few minutes as he held me in his arms.

Trey walked out of the pack house and I could see the pack doctor standing outside with his medical kit as other pack members joined him. Kent came back with about fifteen men, all with determination in their eyes. They were not happy to hear that their Alpha was kidnapped. I know how they feel; I want to rip out Victorica's throat for kidnapping Jace.

"Lia, everything is set." Finn came up from my left as Lucas reluctantly released me. "Good, we're leaving in ten minutes, gear up." I ordered the rest that were following us. Lucas left and went towards the gym where I found out, they put away all their weapons.

I headed towards my room and opened my suitcase. I clicked the small red button that was hidden inside the suitcase as a secret compartment opened up, revealing all of my guns and throwing knives.

I changed into my black one piece leather suit that was specially made for missions and stuffed my throwing knives in several places. I placed one in each of my boots as I placed another in my belt. I tied my katana to my belt and strapped my guns on my back.

I tied my hair up in a high ponytail and gazed at my reflection in the mirror. This is the first time Lucas ever sees me wearing my uniform. I wonder if he likes it. Snap out of it, Lia! I mentally slapped myself. Your best friend and Alpha is in danger and you're wondering if Lucas thinks you're hot! Wow, I changed so much since I arrived here.

I shook my head and grabbed Katy's crossbow. I clutched onto it like a life line, it was the only thing that brought me comfort in Lucas' absent. As I jogged down the stairs I could hear the others getting in formation outside.