Welcome to the Playground

We are all walking on a roof, heading towards the location of our tip. Well, Vi's tip. You see, in order to survive in the Undercity, you have got to steel. And what better place than the privileged little brats of Piltover.

You see, around where I live, for as long as I can remember, people of the Undercity have always hated Piltover. Our city's, used to be one. A city that shared problems. But, when the technological advancements came in, they only bothered giving half the city the advancements and left the other half for dead.

Of course, as a result of this, the Under City retaliated. That's when Piltover sent in their finest. Enforcers. People with military grade training and the best gear around to fight us. We fought back, but it wasn't enough. Soon enough, the whole city was over run and we all had to adapt to their presence. And those who didn't, they were shipped off on an express boat to Stillwater Prison. We never pacified to them though, we always fought back, always fought for what we believed. There were fights, some just a little thing and some battles were both sides lost, locked in a stalemate. But it's no use. They always seem to have more. More bullets, more weapons, more people.

But the one thing that we have that they didn't and still don't, is will. The will to fight back. The encouragement we need to make our city better. Not just some wasteland that they never wanted. A place for the people who were not welcome in Piltover to go. Tossed to the curb like some street rats. What they don't realise is street rats always come back, and with friends.

But the one person who no Enforcer dared to challenge, was Vander. That's who looks after me, after everyone in the Undercity. He's the man that rescued Vi and Powder after their parents died fighting Enfourcers on the bridge between the two cities. I was young when Vander brought them into The Last Drop, his beloved bar and surprisingly the only bar in the Undercity. He did that more than once. Rescued kids when their parents got killed or arrested. All five of us were a tribute to that. Vi, Claggor, Mylo, Powder, me.

I still remember the day Vander took me in. I was in the market square when some Enforcers were hassling someone over something when all they were trying to do was sell fruit. My mom walked over to them, my dad having left when I was young. She goes up to the Enforcer, protesting on the shopkeepers behalf, not appealing to the Enforcer at all. The Enforcer got angry, put her in cuffs and took her away. I didn't know what to do. I just stood there, my bear under my arm as I cried. That's when Vander showed up, took me with him, obviously seeing what happened.

I will never forget that day. Not by a long shot. If Vander hadn't found me that day in the market, I don't think I would be here right now. Probably dead or with some sicko. I mean, I kind of am if you count Mylo, but Vander has my loyalty and respect for the rest of my life. Or for how long he still breaths.

I'm now climbing up the side of a building to get more height, Vi not far behind as Mylo, Claggor and Powder are lacking further behind.

" We're almost there." Vi shouts to them, just as I got to the top.

I look around, the wind rustling in my hair as I take in Piltover's beauty. A city of light and prosperity and roofs that almost looks like gold. I would say a stone from this place is probably worth more than anything you could find in the Under City.

" You know, Masher," I hear Vi grunt behind me as she pulls herself up to the roof.

" You could slow down." She says, walking closer to me.

" I could, but I'm not going to." I shrug, making her glare at me.

Me and Vi's relationship had always been hot and cold. I would do anything for her and her for me. But she doesn't like that I don't worship her on my hands and knees like the rest.