Some Mysteries Are Better Left Unsolved

We are now in the mini arcade in the city. It's a place where we go sometimes if we get bored. Or if we need to let off steam. Enforcers never come down here so this is as good a place to lay low than any.

I'm standing in front of the boxing machine, Vi at the other one beside it as we compete against each other. I dodge the gloves that comes flying out with each hit, racking up points as I kick and punch the dummy.

" Remind me, why do we even bother with this place?" Mylo asks.

" Vander said to lay low. Enforcers never come down here so it's as good a place as any." Vi shrugs from beside me.

" Oh, what's the matter Mylo? You worried Powder's gonna beat you again?" Claggor teases, just as me and Vi finished our round.

I take a few steps back, panting as I look up to the board. I watch as it counts me and Vi's scores, the unique sound it makes at the change of each figure. It starts to slow down, that sound becoming less and less frequent 'til it comes to a stop. I look at me and Vi's scores, only one point in it. Vi's score was 4800, mine was 4801.

" Yes!" I cheer, throwing my hands in the air.

" Oh, come on. You only beat me by one point." She scoffs, crossing her arms.

" It doesn't matter if you win by one or one thousand. Winning is winning. Stop being such a Mylo." I joke and she gives me a dirty look.

" Hey! I wouldn't keep missing if Powder wasn't fixing these things." Mylo protests from the gun range, waving his gun around.

Powder then appears behind the counter, connecting the two cables, making the targets behind her light up and start moving. Mylo then starts shooting, missing every shot as he does.

" You guys know I wouldn't take you on a job you couldn't handle, right?" Vi asks as she has now caught her breath, unwrapping her hands as I go another round on the machine.

" Are you kidding? That was the best job we've ever done." Mylo cheers, making me roll my eyes.

" Maybe just don't take Powder next time." He states, giving Powder a look.

Powder stares at him, loading up her gun. Once she does, she aims it at the targets, shooting all her rounds, never missing a shot, making an absolute fool out of Mylo. She then turns to him, giving him a mocking look before walking over to the arcade machine, making me laugh and the others chuckle.

" Shut up Masher. Like you could do any better." He sulks like a little child, throwing his gun on the counter.

" I can. My score is just after Powder's." I pant, pointing to the board.

" Uh.... Guys." We hear Powder say.

We all look in her direction, seeing her backing away from the window. She gets about two steps away 'til a guy gets thrown through the window, landing on the floor with broken glass scattering around the room. It was like it happened in slow motion. We all look out the broken window, seeing five Enforcers gathered around there. They look to us, starting to slowly move towards us.

" Search them." One of them says.

" Go ahead boys, we got nothin'." Mylo says, holding up his hands as the Enforcers spread out, taking one of us each.