Happy Progress Day!

It's been nine years since the incident. Since I lost everyone to Silco. Turns out that monster was Silco's lab rat, given some type of serum now named Shimmer. Silco uses it to control the Undercity. Sells it like drugs to anyone that wants it and can pay for the highly addictive purple goo. Since that day I survived the explosion, I vowed to create an antidote for Shimmer. Get people clean so no one relied on Silco. No one needed him. To make sure he had no power over these people.

Along with trying to make an antidote for Shimmer, I also learned how to beat someone inflicted by it. Shimmer may enhance strength and speed, but it's all by emotions. It's driven by whatever the person is feeling. Anger. Sadness. Fear. But emotions, they cloud one's judgment, make their movements rash and uncoordinated, to the eye. But to me, I can see a pattern, that's how I beat them, they never lay a hand on me.

Ever since rumour got out about me beating people with Shimmer without any, people started to resent Silco. I was also given the honour of a vigilante name, people calling me Night Watch. That name spread through the Undercity faster than shimmer. Some pledged loyalty to me, starting a rebellion of sorts with people who hate Silco and everything he stands for. Who are not afraid to speak out about him. Some people though, thought that we could never over throw Silco. That we would just make it worse. But I can say, after Silco having nine years to build his empire, and me only five, and he is worried about me already, shows how weak he truly is. Most people though are afraid because he has a deal with the Enforcers. So now anyone who speaks out about him gets thrown into Still Water. And since Silco hates my guts, I am one of their top priorities. I was caught once and sent to Stillwater, didn't even spend the night before I escaped. I only got caught because some psycho set a trap to blow me up when I destroyed one of Silco's shimmer factories.

No one knows who I really am though. Ever since the accident, I have worn a mask and high collars as that things bite left a permanent scar all on my shoulder and down my arm, along with it going up my neck and to the side of my face. It's a scar from Shimmer as it entered my body, but I didn't turn. It's like my body resented it or neutralised it. I analysed my blood and there is a certain antibody in it that neutralises shimmer rendering it completely useless.

I am currently in my apartment, trying to figure out the antidote. I've been trying for a week straight, and every time I do it, I get closer and closer to the actual thing. I keep going, using some vials of shimmer I got from when I took down a few of Silco's goons. They normally have a vial on them, so I take it for research purposes.

I have to say, the only reason I have a clue about these things, is because of those books I stole from that Penthouse job, nine years ago. I read those books, back to front, front ways, sideways, until I could recite every last word in them. When I was old enough and started to take down Silco's men, they always had some coins on them. So I would save up, try and buy new books. But to do that, I would have to go to Piltover, so I decided I would make two masks. One for Piltover, one for The Undercity so no one would know it's me. And even if they did, they couldn't prove it because no one alive has ever seen my face in nine years. Except Silco, but he thinks I'm dead. There are lots of bonuses to Silco thinking I'm dead. Not only does he not have a clue who I am, it's also funny to see him chase his tail trying to come after me.

I take a few drops of the antidote I just made, dropping it onto some Shimmer. I watch, as the antidote starts to attack the Shimmer, a movement of liquids and it looks like they are alive. After a few seconds, the movement stops, the antidote and Shimmer mixing, a once purple Shimmer, now turned to a light blue. I jump up from my seat, picking up the dish in front of me, investigating it.

" It worked." I breath.

After all these years. All this time. I finally did it. I made an antidote. I have made the very thing that will free the Undercity from Silco's grasp, returning our city to what it once was.