Everybody Wants to be my Enemy

My eyes begin to get droopy but I am then shoved down onto a metal chair. I heard the door closing from the Enforcers leaving and sat up, my eyes barely open as I look around the room. The room is quite dull, one singular lightbulb hanging from the ceiling in the middle of the metal table that burned my eyes that illuminated a chair opposite me, leaving the door as just a silhouette in the background.

Just then the door busts open and an Enforcer comes in, slapping down some file on the table. He starts to slightly pace around the room while looking down at me furious.

" What were you doing outside the academy?" He practically shouted at me.

" I seen the fire and I went to help." I rasp out in pain.

" Liar! Tell me what you were really doing there, Undercity rat!" He shouts as he bangs his hand on the table.

" That's enough Commander!" A voice shouts as I hear the door open.

" Can't you see she is in no state to be questioned right now?" It says again.

I look over to see an older dark haired woman. Her clothes of the highest quality, her posture pristine.

" Of course Ms." The Enforcer bows in her presence.

" Get her to a bed and get her better treatment now." She orders him firmly.

" Right away Ms." He salutes her.

Two more Enforcers warily walk into the room, with the woman's presence making them anxious, they grab me and take me out of the room. I managed to get a 'thank you' out to the woman before being dragged down a hallway.

I'm brought to a more suitable place and I am laid down on a bed. A doctor comes over to me and checks my wound. She changes my dressings on my bandages and then leaves. In the comfort of this bed, I manage to drift off, falling into a dark pit of sleep.

————————

I woke up in a sweat, shooting up into a sitting position, trying to catch my breath as all the pain comes at me at once.

" Whoa, whoa. Easy there Jacksons." I hear the voice of Jayce say as he comes forward and helps me lie back down.

" I'm fine, I'm fine." I tell him as I move his hands away to finish sitting up by myself.

There is a brief moment of silence as I looked around me to see both Viktor and Jayce at my bedside. Viktor having a more calm demeanour than Jayce, as he looked quite anxious about my current state.

" They say they found you bleeding out on the academy steps." Viktor speaks up, breaking the silence.

" The same place we found the only surviving Enforcer." He adds.

" You saved her didn't you?" Jayce asks, and I give him a subtle nod.

" What happened at the attack?" I ask, making them sigh.

" They got one of Hextech's new prototypes." Jayce sighs, hanging his head low.

" We are on our way to a meeting with the council about it. They think the attack was instigated by someone from the Undercity." Viktor explains, standing up.

Of course they fucking do.

" Let me come with you." I say, fully sitting up this time and swinging my legs over the side of the bed.

" What?" Jayce asks confused as I stand on my feet.

" If the council is going to say this attack was the work of the Undercity don't you think a member of the Undercity should be there?" I ask as I walk around to the other side of the room where my belongings are including my mask.