When These Walls Come Tumbling Down

I take a deep breath, looking up at the tall doors of the Council room. I nod to the two guards by the door and they open it. I step inside, all the Council members sitting at their table. I walk to the centre of the room, a light beaming down from above, the Councillors fading into the darkness.

" Nice to know you've reconsidered my offer." I voice, hearing a slight scoff.

" The Council has reached a verdict on your offer." Heimerdinger speaks up.

" The Council will allow Jacksons Smith a seat as a Councillor of Piltover and it's respectful nations as well as allow you to continue your studies on a shimmer antidote here at the Piltover Academy." He announces.

" Thank you Professor. I will not let the Council down." I smile.

" Mmm, yes. Let's make sure that doesn't happen." Salo mumbles.

The room is then lit up once again, illuminating all the Council members. The all stand up, walking around the table to shake my hand. I shake everyone of their hands, Ms Kiramman and Jace hugging me instead.

Time for change.

————————

I walk out to the front of the Academy, a podium with reporters surrounding the steps, enforcers stopping them getting too close. I come into view, all the reporters start shouting, camera's flashing in my face.

" Now introducing Jacksons Smith, the newest member of the Piltover Council." Mel introduces me, stepping aside while people clap.

I stand in front of the podium, taking a deep breath as I compose myself.

" Hello, citizens of Piltover and the Undercity, I cannot express how grateful I am that the Council has given me this opportunity and privilege to be apart of the development and decision making of this ever growing economy." I announce, cameras flickering every now and then.

" Has anyone got any questions?" I ask, all the reporters shooting their hands up.

" Yes, you." I call upon a lady in the front.

" It has come to the attention of the people that you are a citizen of the Undercity, is that correct?" She asks.

" Yes, that is correct." I nod, people shooting their hands up.

" Yes?" I ask, calling on another reporter.

" The Council has labelled your position as Councillor of the Undercity, what actions will you be taking to neutralise the Shimmer problem there?" He asks.

"I am unable to discuss our plans of action on that matter at this moment." I tell him, shocking the reporters as they start murmuring.

" Next question." I tell them, other people putting their hand up.

" Why do you wear that mask? Are you trying to hide your identity?" He asks.

I stop for a moment, thinking about this. I'm not in Silco's world anymore. I'm a Council member, the Night Watch, and Vander's second prodigy. And I'm done hiding from him. I'm coming for him, his entire Shimmer operation. He's going to pay. 

No more hiding. Not behind masks, not behind the council. It's time Silco know I'm back.

I pull off my mask, putting it on the podium in front of me, the cameras flash more, my eyes adjusting with every flash.

" I've got nothing left to hide." I shrug.

" I will take no more questions. Thank you for your time." I bid.